Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Detail Materials
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Detail Materials [message #21640] Tue, 14 December 2010 14:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
I've have been getting more on more disillusioned with the white detail material. It seems prone to fragility, similar features which seem robust at one end of a part with break of with a slight touch at the other end. Some builds have split of along the building plane. Has anyone else seen this sort of thing?

Could I expect similar problems with black or transparent detail?

Bill Bedford
Re: Detail Materials [message #21642 is a reply to message #21640 ] Tue, 14 December 2010 15:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Bill,

Send any images of failed parts to service(at)shapeways.com and they will sort out any print errors..

The material should not delaminate.

Duann

Duann Scott

Previous Topic:"Parts is parts or intertwined parts" - Sandstone Model Question + Wall Thickness Question
Next Topic:Engraving limits?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.