Home » Community » It arrived! » lens lock ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
lens lock ring [message #21614] Mon, 13 December 2010 23:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar bvr  is currently offline bvr
Go to my shop
My first item arrived and it works great. This is to "lock" the focus and aperture rings so they do not move.
Many thanks to everyone who helped me out.
bvr

http://buffalovr.com/stills/sllr.jpg

Buffalo, 360° @ a time
Re: lens lock ring [message #21726 is a reply to message #21614 ] Fri, 17 December 2010 19:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Hhmm, an interesting product which begs the (polite!) question - why?

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: lens lock ring [message #21727 is a reply to message #21614 ] Fri, 17 December 2010 19:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm guessing "This is to "lock" the focus and aperture rings so they do not move.". Perhaps there was unwanted movement?

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: lens lock ring [message #21731 is a reply to message #21614 ] Fri, 17 December 2010 22:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bvr  is currently offline bvr
Go to my shop
Thanks for the reply's.
The lens is an 8mm fisheye which has a large DOF. When set to the hyperfocal(1.5m) distance for what I shoot, everything from 1m to infinity is in focus. The aperture performs best at f8.

So to alleviate having to check it everytime I shoot, I locked it to the preferred settings with the printed ring. I only shoot full spherical panoramas with this lens. Many people who shoot panoramas use duct tape to lock the focus and aperture. I just couldn't bring myself to use the duct tape.(and I love duct tape) Especially now that I can just print things of this nature.(yay Shapeways)

thanks again
bvr

ps. examples of my work can be found at Buffalo VR

Buffalo, 360° @ a time
Re: lens lock ring [message #21732 is a reply to message #21614 ] Sat, 18 December 2010 01:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Got it... And really nice photo's, by the way (coming from an ex photographer).

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Pretty Ring!
Next Topic:Arrow Planet Base by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.