Home » Support » Bug Reporting » shipping notifications
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
shipping notifications [message #21507] Fri, 10 December 2010 16:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shipping notifications have stopped working for me. I didn't get one yesterday for the UPS delivery today and UPS have notified me of a delivery for Monday, again with no Shapeways shipping notification.
Re: shipping notifications [message #21597 is a reply to message #21507 ] Mon, 13 December 2010 18:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yesterday, Sunday, I recevied three shipping notifications... presumably these were for models that I had ordered, there was no model name.

I have just received another shipping notification, again with no reference to what model it is and if it is one of my orders, or someone else's.

Please can the notifications be sorted out as it is getting rather confusing.

Cheers,
Paul
Re: shipping notifications [message #21610 is a reply to message #21597 ] Mon, 13 December 2010 21:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Same thing for me. I received the UPS notification without any Shapeways message and then, 2 days after, 4 messages "Your model has been shipped" (there were 4 items in my package) with the name of the model missing. Sad
Now I have a fifth item waiting (in Metal so the fabrication is longer), and I received a fifth "your model has been shipped" today. Is it this model? A model a custumer ordered? Who knows?
These messages with this bug (model name missing+late) are currently useless and confusing.

I think most of the messages need to be reviewed (but this will be for another thread)
Re: shipping notifications [message #21776 is a reply to message #21610 ] Tue, 21 December 2010 13:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
I certainly agree that it'd be useful if the shipping messages contained info as to which model has been shipped. I received seven shipping notices the other day, and have no idea which models they were (I have suspicions on several, but seven is a weird number, as a lot of the models I think were bought come in pairs).
It's not exactly essential for me, but it'd be nice to know.

Andy
Re: shipping notifications [message #21781 is a reply to message #21776 ] Tue, 21 December 2010 16:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Same here.

I have reported this to service@ a few days ago, they know and are working on a fix.

@magic / regarding improvements : fire up a topic I'll chime in Smile
I have already requested several additions to all the emails we get, I will look it up. If we combine all the requests it should speed things up Wink

For now: it might also be handy if the shipment notification were to also show an orderlinenr/ordernr or original order date.

Cheers,

Stijn

[Updated on: Tue, 21 December 2010 16:28 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -

Previous Topic:Problem with the Java applet in Linux
Next Topic:Shapeways glitch, or just my files?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.