shipping notifications

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, Dec 10, 2010.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Shipping notifications have stopped working for me. I didn't get one yesterday for the UPS delivery today and UPS have notified me of a delivery for Monday, again with no Shapeways shipping notification.

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Yesterday, Sunday, I recevied three shipping notifications... presumably these were for models that I had ordered, there was no model name.

I have just received another shipping notification, again with no reference to what model it is and if it is one of my orders, or someone else's.

Please can the notifications be sorted out as it is getting rather confusing.

Cheers,
    Paul

3. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Same thing for me. I received the UPS notification without any Shapeways message and then, 2 days after, 4 messages "Your model has been shipped" (there were 4 items in my package) with the name of the model missing. :(
    Now I have a fifth item waiting (in Metal so the fabrication is longer), and I received a fifth "your model has been shipped" today. Is it this model? A model a custumer ordered? Who knows?
    These messages with this bug (model name missing+late) are currently useless and confusing.

I think most of the messages need to be reviewed (but this will be for another thread)

4. I certainly agree that it'd be useful if the shipping messages contained info as to which model has been shipped. I received seven shipping notices the other day, and have no idea which models they were (I have suspicions on several, but seven is a weird number, as a lot of the models I think were bought come in pairs).
    It's not exactly essential for me, but it'd be nice to know.

Andy

5. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Same here.

I have reported this to service@ a few days ago, they know and are working on a fix.

@magic / regarding improvements : fire up a topic I'll chime in :)
    I have already requested several additions to all the emails we get, I will look it up. If we combine all the requests it should speed things up ;)

For now: it might also be handy if the shipment notification were to also show an orderlinenr/ordernr or original order date.

Cheers,

Stijn

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010