Custom Targetmasters

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Redshift, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Redshift
    Redshift Member
    ]I was a bit late ordering them, and there were some delays in black detail production, but I have my custom Targetmasters!

One each of a chainsaw weapon and a double barreled shotgun weapon, each transforming into a robot with 6 points of ball-jointed articulation! The balls needed some trimming to fit into the sockets well, and the weapon handle as well, but all in all they assembled quite well. They're smaller than I expected, though, I think I need to scale them up!

Shown here in black detail. I had some friends who ordered in WSF and weren't happy with the level of detail, but these detail ones are a bit fragile, so I'm not sure which is best just yet.
    killstreak 01.jpg
    killstreak jigsaw.jpg jigsaw 01.jpg killstreak 02.jpg

2. Those are just brilliant. I wish I'd been the one to come up with the idea of a chainsaw Targetmaster... :p

I asked about this in your other thread, but how big do these work out? Judging by the size of the posts, I'd guess they're about 1.5", like a Double Targetmaster, and in that case, I'm really impressd by how much articulation you've managed to incorporate, especially given that the official figs at that size didn't manage any... :laughing:

The Detail looks nice. I'd like to try it with some of my own figs, but I've been held back by funds, and the fact that I tend to push the wall-thickness limits as it is... :p You say they feel fragile, is that because of the ball joints? How big are the balls and shafts you've used?

Andy

3. Redshift
    Redshift Member
    I don't have a ruler handy, but I do have a comparison image(next to Caliburst)

Even FIXIT is head-and-shoulders above Killstreak. They're micromaster-sized.
    IMG_0368.jpg

4. Ah, cool, a bit bigger then, about 1.75" by my reckoning. Tracer and Holepunch (par exemple) come up to Caliburst's waist. Salvo (my guy) is about the same height as he is.

Andy