Home » Support » 3D Design » How to make a customizable design
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How to make a customizable design [message #20837] Tue, 23 November 2010 10:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar aleksandar  is currently offline aleksandar
Go to my shop
Hi!

I'm sure this issue has been explained somewhere here before, but I could not find it, I apologize

Let say I have designed a ring with specific inned diameter, which I want to be customizable..

Should I upload 10 different rings so 10 diameters can be picked up or there's a smarter way?

Thank you

product deisgn, visualisation & photography www.ad-3d.com
Re: How to make a customizable design [message #20841 is a reply to message #20837 ] Tue, 23 November 2010 12:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi There,

At the moment, you submit it as a co-creator and specify the sizes you want to make it available in, then when someone orders the ring, they will say what size they would like it, and you upload the ring in that size.

It is not yet an automated process.

See the links below

http://www.shapeways.com/Co-Creator_Platform/How_to_join

http://www.shapeways.com/co-creator_platform/index

And feel free to ask more questions

Cheers

Duann

Duann Scott

Re: How to make a customizable design [message #20853 is a reply to message #20841 ] Tue, 23 November 2010 18:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aleksandar  is currently offline aleksandar
Go to my shop
Duann, thanks a lot !

product deisgn, visualisation & photography www.ad-3d.com
Re: How to make a customizable design [message #20854 is a reply to message #20837 ] Tue, 23 November 2010 18:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Also note that you want to specify your max volume at the largest ring size. Just so you don't have a ring ordered that would have to be impossibly thin to match the design to be at or under your set max volume.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: How to make a customizable design [message #20855 is a reply to message #20854 ] Tue, 23 November 2010 19:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx2  is currently offline fx2
Go to my shop
The main disadvantage with setting the max volume on the max ring size is that some buyers will end up paying too much when measured on actual model volume.

I've not found any good method to avoid this... Maybe the Shapeways team will come up with a good idea to solve this. Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2010 19:24 UTC]

Re: How to make a customizable design [message #21543 is a reply to message #20855 ] Sat, 11 December 2010 16:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar devlin  is currently offline devlin
Go to my shop
I just experienced this the hard way, I had three bands up in a size 10 US,
Very sizable for any size. I set up templates ,I bumped the volume up a bit not thinking how it would change the price on all pieces. I wanted to order samples to photograph.Even some in plastic, my Order came out to be much higher, to me. almost $20 US more than it should, my only fix was to delete the models reload reorder. Once I have my photos I will make them and customizable again. I think I will make it sizable smaller only.
Btw I do love Shapeways.

Devlin

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2010 16:31 UTC]

Re: How to make a customizable design [message #39933 is a reply to message #20841 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 18:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GothamSmith  is currently offline GothamSmith
Go to my shop
Hey Duann,
We're working on how to get our first ring uploaded, and I'd rather just do 10 sizes all in one go. It seems that the cocreator setup is all custom (i.e. ask and then manufacture).

But one person seems to have it set up for preset sizes::
http://www.shapeways.com/cocreator/customize?model=318868&am p;material=23

How do I do that?

Regards,
Rob

Fine goods for fascinating times.

Previous Topic:Model won't print.
Next Topic:New to shapeways

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.