Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Your Own Shapeways Business Cards?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20623] Wed, 17 November 2010 16:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Here's an idea that we've been playing with: would you like to have your own Shapeways business cards? With your own images in the logo and a link to your shop? I'm sure we could pull it off, but we'd like to know if you're actually interested in them and if/how you would use them. Please let us know!

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20626 is a reply to message #20623 ] Wed, 17 November 2010 16:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes to own business card with model.

Yes to model picture on card (even if it is just the render image.)

Yes to a link to shop.

And, how about a QRcode physical hyperlink too Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2010 16:49 UTC]

Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20627 is a reply to message #20626 ] Wed, 17 November 2010 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ah! A QR Code! Clever Smile

Bart

Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20630 is a reply to message #20627 ] Wed, 17 November 2010 17:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
Indeed, I'm going with the family to a convention this weekend, dragging my dice along... if I should chance to meet some folks there interested enough in my dice, I plan to have some cards printed up with the URL on it, and a QR code for them to scan. I thought of this before seeing this thread (all by myself; I'm so proud), and of course this would be too late to help this weekend, but it would be a nice thing. Included in shipments when people order from your shop?
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20637 is a reply to message #20630 ] Wed, 17 November 2010 18:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kaetemi  is currently offline Kaetemi
Go to my shop
Sounds cool.

Kaetemi
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20638 is a reply to message #20623 ] Wed, 17 November 2010 18:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
Bart,, i've sended you several emails about this! but havent had any replay on them Razz
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20643 is a reply to message #20623 ] Wed, 17 November 2010 19:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar artificial  is currently offline artificial
Go to my shop
Yes! Business Cards would be very nice. I often tell about my shapeways shop theese days, and people are very often interested, but there's a missing link between the talk and the webshop - a business card would probably help.
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20644 is a reply to message #20643 ] Wed, 17 November 2010 19:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar be_on_edge  is currently offline be_on_edge
Go to my shop
I would love that, will u make them available soon ? Very Happy

Francesco
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20646 is a reply to message #20623 ] Wed, 17 November 2010 20:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MatarazzoDesigns  is currently offline MatarazzoDesigns
Go to my shop
This would be great! I would love to have a business card specifically for my shop.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2010 14:26 UTC]

Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20664 is a reply to message #20623 ] Thu, 18 November 2010 00:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HerndonDesign  is currently offline HerndonDesign
Go to my shop
Abso-freakin-lutely would I love it if when a customer ordered something from my shop it came from you with a business card with my logo etc on it! It would allow all of us to convey a much more professional image! (that's what you had in mind right? lol)
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20665 is a reply to message #20623 ] Thu, 18 November 2010 00:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nullnetwork  is currently offline nullnetwork
Go to my shop
This sounds great, I have had a need for these and was going to make my own cards but have not found the time. If your coding team are up for it you could make a tool in the "my designs" that allows you to customize the card and then order them.

Leigh
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20673 is a reply to message #20665 ] Thu, 18 November 2010 04:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
yes but I need to draw up a nice logo first. By the way I have a short form QR generating script I have written. uses my 5 letter domain to keep the bar code as small as possible.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20678 is a reply to message #20623 ] Thu, 18 November 2010 05:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rawkstar320  is currently offline rawkstar320
Go to my shop
YES!

That would be totally awesome!!!!

Count me more than in. Smile

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Check out http://JakeDrews.Com and http://WondrousWidgets.Com for more designs by Jake!
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20712 is a reply to message #20678 ] Thu, 18 November 2010 22:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Ok guys, duly noted you like it. We will put it on our list.
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20718 is a reply to message #20712 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 00:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Crazy idea. discount on 3d printed business cards?

size limit of 85x50x3mm minimum order of 100 with 1 month lead time, WSF only. Flat rate of say $200 with $100 voucher towards future prints. Just an idea.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20721 is a reply to message #20718 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 07:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Sylook  is currently offline Sylook
Go to my shop
mctrivia wrote on Fri, 19 November 2010 00:35

Crazy idea. discount on 3d printed business cards?

size limit of 85x50x3mm minimum order of 100 with 1 month lead time, WSF only. Flat rate of say $200 with $100 voucher towards future prints. Just an idea.

Strange timing. I uploaded yesterday a test print for exactly this!
3d printed business cards!
Unfortunately I still don't have a cost estimate because of the current upload issue.... Crying or Very Sad
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20731 is a reply to message #20721 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 11:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
And now I have a cost for a x5 stack of cards....

It's about 2$ per card in WSF. Not cheap...

(and I don't know if it will even print at 1mm thick Sad )

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2010 11:18 UTC]

Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20763 is a reply to message #20731 ] Sat, 20 November 2010 02:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
you can go as thin as 0.7mm thick and without shapeways giving us some kind of discount for business cards they just are not to feasible. I would be willing to pay $1 each if I could make anything within a 85x50x3mm box. I would even be willing to pay double up front as long as the end price was only $1 each. Any more then that is just not reasonable for a business card.

A standard flat card one works great also. 3d would just be cooler and give an example of what you can do and in my opinion be more likely to bring more customers. more customers means more profit for shapeways so subsidizing the cards will pay off in the long run.

they could even add the restriction that the shapeways url must be included(I.E. shapeways.com or shapeways.com/shops/propmodule or any other url as long as the words shapeways.com is part of it.)

My guess if you take my suggestion. 100 cards will bring in $200 up front. there cost to you is probably about $80. eventually customer will use the remaining $100 for prints but you will probably not lose much as most of that money will go to markup.

Now if 1 in 5 cards handed out results in a sale of $25 that means for the small lose on the cards you will bring in $500 future sales.

I do not know your actual cost ratio but you do and you can do the math yourself and offer us what you think is reasonable. Don't be afraid to possibly lose some money up front you will likely get back 10 fold. And people will likely make there cards pretty thin for the most part since they need to fit in peoples wallets.

Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20770 is a reply to message #20763 ] Sat, 20 November 2010 07:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
mctrivia wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 02:34

you can go as thin as 0.7mm thick and without shapeways giving us some kind of discount for business cards they just are not to feasible. I would be willing to pay $1 each if I could make anything within a 85x50x3mm box. I would even be willing to pay double up front as long as the end price was only $1 each. Any more then that is just not reasonable for a business card.

I think that at 0.7mm, with a little experimentation, I could drop the price to 1.50$/per card, maybe even less than that.
Now, even at this price point, it is expensive if you use it as your regular business card, which you won't...
It's use should be reserved for important clients and/or businesses, when you really want to make an impression.
That's my take on this.
Of course it would be great if Shapeways could offer a significant discount on this... Surprised
icon14.gif  Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #20811 is a reply to message #20623 ] Mon, 22 November 2010 13:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar shaputer  is currently offline shaputer
Go to my shop
That would be GREAT !!! I am a Drafter/Designer and have already referred Shapeways for my clients' prototyping needs. Several of them have done business with Shapeways since my referral. It also boosts my business because of Shapeways high quality models, price and service.

I would be proud to carry a Shapeways business card. Where do I sign up !?!?! Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2010 13:23 UTC]

Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #21047 is a reply to message #20770 ] Mon, 29 November 2010 02:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Sylook wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 07:16

mctrivia wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 02:34

I think that at 0.7mm, with a little experimentation, I could drop the price to 1.50$/per card, maybe even less than that.
Now, even at this price point, it is expensive if you use it as your regular business card, which you won't...
It's use should be reserved for important clients and/or businesses, when you really want to make an impression.
That's my take on this.
Of course it would be great if Shapeways could offer a significant discount on this... Surprised

To be honest, I'm not sure you'd want to take it down as far as 0.7mm for a business card. It's fine having parts of a model going that thin, but I'm pretty sure if you had a relatively large piece all that thin, it'd snap easily. I use 0.7mm connections on my sprues just to keep parts together for the manufacturing staff's convenience, and they've often snapped off by the time I get them. I think you'd need 1mm, and even then I'm sure it'd be enough.

On the other hand, actual business cards, presumably with options for logos and web-linky info, I am totally down with. Smile

Andy
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #30736 is a reply to message #21047 ] Tue, 12 July 2011 18:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm just canning some spam, guys. Don't mind me. Wink

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #32960 is a reply to message #30736 ] Fri, 19 August 2011 15:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar glehn  is currently offline glehn
Go to my shop
Hello,

I will be attending a scale modeling show here in Brazil in a couple of weeks and I intend to display my models there.
I would like to print some business cards myself so I can distribute them during the show. And maybe also some posters to hang near my models.
Would it be ok if I added Shapeways logo to my cards and posters? If so, where can I get a high-resolution shapeways logo?

Thanks and best regards,
Luís von Glehn
Small Scale Shop
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #37300 is a reply to message #32960 ] Tue, 25 October 2011 09:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey Glehn,

I may be too late with this reply, but for future reference: we feel that printing our logo on your own business cards could cause some confusion. It might for example suggest that you actually work for Shapeways. All it all it's a better idea to build a strong image for your own company or brand, and not tie it to Shapeways.

Cheers,

Bart

Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #37620 is a reply to message #37300 ] Sun, 30 October 2011 12:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Bart.. What if you guys designed a "Printed By Shapeways" logo (complete with a Shapeways QR) that was then authorized to be used on our cards?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Your Own Shapeways Business Cards? [message #37657 is a reply to message #37620 ] Mon, 31 October 2011 08:21 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey Stony,

yeah, that's one of the ideas on our todo list. I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,

Bart

Previous Topic:Comment Section Limited to 50 Comments
Next Topic:Selling Single Quantities

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.