search engine gone stupid

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by daveray1976, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveray1976
    daveray1976 Member
    what the F all of a sudden the majority of the models I had as watching are gone now your search engine has gone stupid. I typed in 1/2400 miniatures I got anything but,changed it to 1/2400 warships and got a different set of not it. I tried 1/285 armor and nothing ,1/285 tanks which used to work just fine and I get CRAP!! The search engine used to be great i typed in 1/2400 i got 1/2400; I typed in 1/285 I frikking got 1/285; NOW I get crap and no 1/285 no 1/2400 no tanks no ships so WTF?????????????

f

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Search engine lost track of the scale tags and forgot how to handle slash or colon, numeric searches are prone to hit size or price instead. If you go to the SHOP section directly and choose Miniatures there, you will find a set of predefined (tag) queries for common scales including the two you mentioned. Also see the scale model shop overviews generated by robs_mw as a workaround (introduced in this thread) or just do a google search for "1:2400" site:shapeways.com (which would also find models that have the scale as part of the description) and switch to "images" view.

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Another factor might be that yesterday was the milestone for the re-categorization of models announced here, which may have moved some models into a different category, particularly older ones that were assigned to two or more categories back when that was still possible.

4. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.