Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Shapeways widget is great!
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways widget is great! [message #20159] Fri, 05 November 2010 21:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways,

Thank you for introducing the Shapeways widgets. It looks good on my personal web page.

Oskar
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20163 is a reply to message #20159 ] Sat, 06 November 2010 00:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Glad you like it
Thank Peter for making it happen

More options of the widget to be made available VERY soon.

Cheers

Duann Scott

Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20175 is a reply to message #20163 ] Sat, 06 November 2010 14:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Glad you like it. Please let us know what extra features you would like in this thread. The ones I know are:

- Shop sections
- Multiple rows
- Adjustable number of colums

For info on how to use have a look at this tutorial
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20179 is a reply to message #20175 ] Sat, 06 November 2010 18:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar be_on_edge  is currently offline be_on_edge
Go to my shop
There is some forums based on vbulletin where HTML code are not allowed. Instead flash it is allowed.

It would be great if you could make a flash version of the widget.

Thanks

Francesco
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20250 is a reply to message #20179 ] Mon, 08 November 2010 20:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Multiple rows and colums is now supported. Check out the tutorial. Just use rows=n&cols=m. For now n,m need to be less than 5.
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20251 is a reply to message #20250 ] Mon, 08 November 2010 20:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
Shop sections would be my #1 request. Will check out implementing on my site tonight

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20287 is a reply to message #20159 ] Tue, 09 November 2010 16:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
I can't wait to try this out.

I have been waiting for a features to help integrate my Shapeways shop into other web pages so this is a very exciting innovation.

Thanks to Peter and the rest of the Shapeways team for making it happen!

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20288 is a reply to message #20251 ] Tue, 09 November 2010 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Tonight the shop section feature will go live.
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20315 is a reply to message #20288 ] Wed, 10 November 2010 13:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hoi Peter,

The widget is getting very snazzy Smile

Is the section part live already ? How does it work?
shopcat=? or section=?

Cheers,

Stijn

Ps. Any chance of changing the shop and section pages to incorporate the widget interface ? (scrolling through products without page reloads is awesome!)

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2010 13:31 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20341 is a reply to message #20315 ] Wed, 10 November 2010 22:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Hi Stijn, you need to use shopcat=SHOPSECTIONNAME

<iframe frameborder="0" style=" border:1px solid #c0c0c0; height:182px; width:628px;" src="http://www.shapeways.com/widget/include.php?shop=YOURSHOPNAME&style=light&shopcat=bestdesigns">
</iframe>
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20344 is a reply to message #20341 ] Thu, 11 November 2010 06:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Is the shop category bit working yet, I keep getting 'undefined' & IE8 shows an 'error on page'
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20347 is a reply to message #20159 ] Thu, 11 November 2010 09:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yeah! it seems to be doing sections now Smile

But I still see a lot of undefined entries :
http://blog.virtox.net/virtox-shop/

Also, is it me/my browser, or is the text a tiny bit too large?

Anyways, great work!
Should you need any programming/testing help, just drop me a line Smile

Cheers

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20352 is a reply to message #20341 ] Thu, 11 November 2010 10:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The shop section side of things shows models that are newly added to the section, but not exsisting models in that category Sad

[edit]

Also adds...
The shop widget shows a 'starting at' price on mouseover the image, trouble is though that price is the maximum (i.e. Silver Glossy) if there are no plastic materials made available for that model.
To see what I mean, visit http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways/ and look at the bottom four items

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2010 10:58 UTC]

Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20374 is a reply to message #20352 ] Thu, 11 November 2010 16:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Ok guys, fixed a bug on the sections. If a model is available in multiple sections that should work better now.

Will have a look at the pricing comment later today
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20387 is a reply to message #20374 ] Thu, 11 November 2010 18:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Pricing looks ok now that silver has been pulled. (was confused for a bit as the pricing was changing whilst I was looking)

Can you fix the multiple sections thing in actual shop on-this-website-sections too please.
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20405 is a reply to message #20387 ] Thu, 11 November 2010 21:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Updated. If incomplete set than the space is now to the right. Also pager buttons are not present when not needed. Fixed page numbering bug.

shop4stuff, perhaps use this table for sizing of your iframes, because in chrome I get scroll bars.

cols/rows	width	height	if cols=1
1	         168 	 176	height +12
2	         320 	 320
3	         474	 464
4	         628	 608

Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20408 is a reply to message #20405 ] Thu, 11 November 2010 22:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I weren't far off... 462 vs 464px on height... and, Pete, you weren't far off either, its sTop4stuff Wink
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20438 is a reply to message #20341 ] Fri, 12 November 2010 17:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
pete wrote on Wed, 10 November 2010 22:49

Hi Stijn, you need to use shopcat=SHOPSECTIONNAME

<iframe frameborder="0" style=" border:1px solid #c0c0c0; height:182px; width:628px;" src="http://www.shapeways.com/widget/include.php?shop=YOURSHOPNAME&style=light&shopcat=bestdesigns">
</iframe>

Here's a bonus with the shop widget 'as-is'...
insert name="whatever-name-you-choose" into the Iframe html tag and then use target="whatever-name-you-choose" in conjuction with the full URL in the A (anchor/link) tag for your shop section and you can have your shop sections load up in a click on the same page.

For Pete's example above, the code might be;
<iframe name="whatever-name-you-choose" frameborder="0" style=" border:1px solid #c0c0c0; height:182px; width:628px;" src="http://www.shapeways.com/widget/include.php?shop=YOURSHOPNAME&style=light&shopcat=bestdesigns">
</iframe>
<a href="http://www.shapeways.com/widget/include.php?shop=YOURSHOPNAME&style=light&shopcat=moredesigns" target="whatever-name-you-choose">More designs</a>

For a tacky, but working example, see http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways (please feel free to view the source code to re-work it as you see fit)
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20441 is a reply to message #20438 ] Fri, 12 November 2010 18:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
I got it working on my home page!

I noticed that the tutorial is missing the "</iframe>" at the end, which results in the rest of the web page not being shown.
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20452 is a reply to message #20441 ] Fri, 12 November 2010 23:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Hi stop4stuff, like it a lot! Great idea.

Nice to see the widget being used in "the wild". Keep the examples coming (and by the way the feature requests!)
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20464 is a reply to message #20452 ] Sat, 13 November 2010 17:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I just noticed something else, might not be too important but could be confusing. The shop widget shows 'starting at' prices for items that are show only.

And a little additional feature request, would it be possible that we could add a small amount of text to be put into the 'onmouseover'/image description please?

cheers,
Paul
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20509 is a reply to message #20179 ] Mon, 15 November 2010 12:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar be_on_edge  is currently offline be_on_edge
Go to my shop
be_on_edge wrote on Sat, 06 November 2010 18:54

There is some forums based on vbulletin where HTML code are not allowed. Instead flash it is allowed.

It would be great if you could make a flash version of the widget.

Thanks

Francesco

Any news for a flash version ? Embarassed

Francesco
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20603 is a reply to message #20509 ] Tue, 16 November 2010 22:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Currently we do not have a flash version planned, also due to the fact we do not have a flash expert around. If there is anyone who can help, let me know.
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20604 is a reply to message #20603 ] Tue, 16 November 2010 22:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
The tutorial is still missing an </iframe>. This messes up anyone who simply cuts and pastes the code. It is there in the second and third examples, but not in the first one ...
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #20711 is a reply to message #20604 ] Thu, 18 November 2010 22:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Thanks! Fixed it.
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #22304 is a reply to message #20159 ] Fri, 07 January 2011 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Has anyone tried the widget on a wordpress.COM site - not wordpress.ORG which was the recent addition?

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #23481 is a reply to message #20711 ] Sun, 06 February 2011 14:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I don't quite know if it was something I did, or if the new inventory manger messed things up, but my shop widget seems to be broke for just one category.

Firstly I went through all my models with the new inventory manger to check the materials were correct, some eren't so I changed them and saved, then I tried to rearrange the model order, but this is too slow, one spot at a time, I cancelled and went to the od manager.

I rearanged the order of my models, added some new shop categories, added models to the relevent categories (some are in upto three categories) and went to check out the changes... http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways/

There's a gap and a dead image holder, but that only appears in the all items (default if you leave out the shopcat bit in the link) and New Releases categories.

The same can also be seen in my blog at http://stop4stuff.blogspot.com/

Any ideas?

Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #24026 is a reply to message #20159 ] Fri, 18 February 2011 16:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Stop4stuff:

That's strange behavior on the part of our widget. I'm going to pass the issue along to my QA team to see what we can do about it.

-Ben
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #25558 is a reply to message #23481 ] Sat, 02 April 2011 00:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
@Stop4Stuff:

How'd you manage to get the widget to show up in your Blogger? Maybe it's that I haven't used HTML in a while, maybe that it's just late, but I can't seem to figure out where to put the code to get it to work.
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #25559 is a reply to message #25558 ] Sat, 02 April 2011 07:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Head into 'Design', then 'Add a Gadget', select HTML/javascript, paste in your html & job done Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 02 April 2011 07:58 UTC]

Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #25567 is a reply to message #25559 ] Sat, 02 April 2011 19:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
That was a lot easier than it looked like it should have been. Razz

Thanks, Paul! Very Happy
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #27102 is a reply to message #20159 ] Sun, 08 May 2011 08:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar glyphobet  is currently offline glyphobet
Go to my shop
This widget is great! I'm excited to use it. I see some small bugs/improvements that could be made to the widget for my own site: http://www.shapeways.com/widget/include.php?shop=glyphobet&a mp;a mp;style=light&rows=4

• There's a gap between the first item and the second one, and the second item is just a broken image that links to the nonexistent page "http://www.shapeways.com/widget/Heart%20and%20Diamond" . That's part of the title for the first item, which makes me think this might be an issue escaping the title of the first item.
  • The item titles are just chopped off if they're too long. There's no indication that you're only seeing part of the item title. There should be a "..." if the item title has been truncated.
  • The tooltip for the "Spade" model says "Available from Shapeways starting at $undefined"
  • The tooltip for the "Mathematician's Dice" model includes a price of "$7.99" even though that model is no longer for sale.
  • The tooltip for the "The Triangles of" lists a price of "$13.9" which, although technically correct, is weird because dollars (and many other currencies) are normally listed with two decimal points. Some of the other widgets have this issue too.

The blank space/missing image is really the only one stopping me from using the widget.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 May 2011 08:18 UTC]

http://glyphobet.net
Re: Shapeways widget is great! [message #64773 is a reply to message #27102 ] Sun, 24 March 2013 19:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Is there anyone @shapeways still working on improving the widget for shop embedding ?

it works well but i dont find it as attractive as the shop looks on shapeways.com as you can see on FabMeJewelry.com
and when they click on a product they're sent to shapeways.com

I know there is the Shapeways API now but i really don't understand how to use it, so a API template for full shop embed in html would be great !

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !

Previous Topic:Shapeways Labs - Product Variants Suggestions
Next Topic:Shop url? What am I doing wrong?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.