Can Shapeways add a service for documentary of the 3d print process?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 42141_deleted, Feb 22, 2016.

1. 42141_deleted
    42141_deleted Member
    I know I'm a bit picky, but I guess all designers are picky too.;) Nowadays, all good design product comes with a video and inspiring music along with it! We just want a little footage to add some flavor for our master piece, haha. Especially, it is also good for Shapeways's branding as it is already very good but no one sees it! I'm willing to pay a bit more in order to get some footage of how the product has been made and some working in process photo which all designers dream of!

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Wouldn't the generic videos in shapeways' youtube channel do ? Depending on the material you would not see much if anything of your specific part anyway - big block of caked nylon for strong&flexible, jellyfish in aspic for the acrylics with their waxy support material and I guess similar one-in-a-batch-of many-occluding-objects for the other materials as well, not to mention that not all are produced by shapeways themselves.

3. 42141_deleted
    42141_deleted Member
    Sorry I went throught Shapeways Utube channel and I don't think the generic videos will solve this problem. Every piece is unique and I don't think those videos will solve the problem. check below video for reference:

https://vimeo.com/156138165

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    If would be difficult for them to provide a service just to take photos of fabricated models and probably a money loser unless they charged you $10 to $20 per photo unless they somehow automated the process. Having them produce videos for a customer seems even more far-fetched.

Of course there's nothing stopping you from starting a company of your own that would provide such services!