Problem with the Pix Pics

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by rawkstar320, Oct 27, 2010.

1. rawkstar320
    rawkstar320 Member
    So, my Pix Pics have been telling me for a while now that they are not for sale due to "Unprintable" status. But shapeways never let me know this, and many customers have purchased them. Why the change? Ive emailed shapeways support twice and have yet to receive a response from them, which is strange because I normally get one with in hours of me mailing them.

Is it just me seeing that they are unprintable? Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, I cant change the types of materials on the page....

2. 11539_deleted
    11539_deleted Member
    Hi,

I noticed that your pix pcs model is displayed as having 0.2cm of height?

I do know that the bounding box should be at least 0.25cm in each direction to assure that the model can be found in the printer output.

Also it seems that in the past there was some experimenting with allowing smaller bounding boxes but that didn't work out ok. I assume that your model was previously uploaded and sold in an experimenting period.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards, Arno

PS: Oh, and materials are only editable when the model can be printed in that material. As the min bounding box in each direction rule applies to all materials ... none is allowed

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  3. ArnoldC
    ArnoldC Member
    @Arno

would it be possible for Shapeways to notify us shop owners when there is a change in the testing algorithms, and when one of our models become available or unavailable in a specific material, and the reason for it?

For example, send us an email like
    "
    We recently updated the algorithm used to test whether your models are printable or not.

We ran it on your models, and the following changes apply
    - model X is no longer printable in stainless steel, because the bounding box is too small

- model Y can now be printed in silver, because our printer has become more precise
    etc...
    "

4. rawkstar320
    rawkstar320 Member
    agreed..that would be really helpful..

Thanks anyways though! I will get that changed.