Home »  » Bug Reporting » Problems with filling out profile details
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Problems with filling out profile details [message #19720] Wed, 27 October 2010 16:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar KatsPurr  is currently offline KatsPurr
Go to all my models
Greetings,

I feel like such a dummy, but where the heck do I fill in "city"? I just keep on getting this red error at the bottom but I don't see any part which asks for the city...

(see attachment)

• Attachment: shapeways.jpg
    (Size: 145.80KB, Downloaded 59 time(s))

Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #19723 is a reply to message #19720 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 17:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Probably a country error, I believe the city list pops up per the country. Email Support@shapeways.com and they will get you up and running. Before you do that, what browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #19724 is a reply to message #19720 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 17:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Try re-entering your country (just type it)

Second time around it seems to pop up the city and postal code

Cheers,

Virtox

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #19727 is a reply to message #19724 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 17:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I tried writing in Finland, but all it "popped up" was Finland again hehe. No cities at all.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. Youknowwho4eva, I'm using Firefox, however I have a noscripts plugin installed - but that should not have caused problems since I gave allowances for this site. I don't have a script blocker on IE though, so in case that's the problem I'll test it out on Explorer first and if it still doesn't work I'll send in an email.
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #19728 is a reply to message #19727 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 17:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
After you start typing, Finland pops out, you must click to enter the "new" value.

For me this triggers the City and Postal Code entries. (also with finland as country)

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #19729 is a reply to message #19727 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 17:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Behaves exactly the same way on both Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome I'm afraid.

I'll send an email in.
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #19730 is a reply to message #19728 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 17:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
virtox wrote on Wed, 27 October 2010 17:33

After you start typing, Finland pops out, you must click to enter the "new" value.

For me this triggers the City and Postal Code entries. (also with finland as country)

Hmm... I don't get it. This is what it looks like when I type in Finland: (see attachment)

Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #19731 is a reply to message #19730 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Ok, now I see what you mean. And indeed, clicking it did expand a new section down below. Thanks. Either this thing has a bit of a usability issue or else I'm and idiot Smile.
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #19733 is a reply to message #19720 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 17:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I'll get on bart to fix it tomorrow Laughing

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #20565 is a reply to message #19733 ] Tue, 16 November 2010 09:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
I just talked to our developers and a bugfix will probably be released later this week.

Cheers,

Bart

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2010 10:07 UTC]

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #20896 is a reply to message #20565 ] Thu, 25 November 2010 00:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar wickeddubstile  is currently offline wickeddubstile
Go to all my models
I can't find how to put USA in as a country for shipping!!!! Grrrr
Re: Problems with filling out profile details [message #20897 is a reply to message #20896 ] Thu, 25 November 2010 01:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Try United States, not USA?

cheers

Duann Scott

Previous Topic:Model orientation in picture/3D display and bounding box
Next Topic:Shapeways Gift Codes

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.