Hello People :)

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 935765_deleted, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Hi, I'm from Wales in the United Kingdom. Hope you are all well.

I have been meaning to try out 3D printing for years, but serious health issues got in the way, now that things are getting a bit better, I have had the opportunity to put some hours in, researching and learning 3D software. Still disabled, but more abled than before. Anyways, Software. It was a difficult choice. I loved the clarity and workflow of fusion360 but the tools to create serious decorative elements on my pieces were severely lacking. In the end I chose Rhino. Although there are times when I would love to have the clarity of fusion360 when it comes to workflow and other fusion360 goodies, I am content with Rhino. The extrude options can create beautifully decorated surfaces.

My aim is to create original items in a niche market, so please forgive me if I keep the exact details to myself whilst things are in development. 3D printing is offering me the chance to bring the practical aspects of my life back together after a huge amount of physical pain and debility. Wouldn't want to blow it! A lot of my stuff has to be created as separate components, to be reassembled my end. I dare say this will bring it's own challenges.

I have something ready to be printed, as it's my first attempt I thought it wise to run it past a few people in the 3D printing section of the forum. I uploaded an image of said item, fairly confident that no one can guess what it's function might be!

Anyways, one day I can be a bit more forthcoming, the sooner the better, to be honest.

Anyways, I have attached a copy of the pic I uploaded to the 3D Printing section just in case anyone wants to have a peep. God, did it take some effort to learn how to achieve this. But now I know, as they say, the rest should be plain sailing...should being the operative word.

Thank you for your time and good luck in all your endeavors. F

Attached Files:

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Hi! Welcome to Shapeways! :D

Good to hear of someone pushing through great adversity. Good going!

No, I cannot tell what it is! :D A paint pattern roller maybe? HAHA! :D Those sell well on Etsy so that's my best guess. Yeah, keep it a secrete until you're ready. That's the best way to operate. Nice flowing lines by the way.

You might want to look into SpaceClaim. It's even more well thought out than Fusion 360. It's very intuitive! It can take something like a 2D drawing of your filigree and wrap it onto a cylinder automatically, which I'm sure other software packages can do, but SpaceClaim is just far more thought out than anything out there.

And other one you might look into is Zbrush. It's a completely unintuitive piece of crap that is super difficult to learn, but once you do learn it, it is really amazing what one can do with it.

Good luck! I hope you make lots of money with your designs!

See ya around Shapeways town!

3. Thank you for your kind and warm reply. I will check out spaceclaim as you suggest. I have found that although getting a design (in curves) on a cylindrical surface is one thing, having them able to form the basis of engraving is quite another! The workaround works, though.

Thank you also for the heads up regarding paint rollers. That would never have occurred to me in a million years!

Now for more of the same using different designs. The relief at knowing what to do as I do so (I started the previous project not knowing my bottom from my elbow) is immense. I can spend a week rather than three months making the components! I have had a look at z-brush and decided that I had suffered enough in life. Although the results are fantastic that degree of sculpting isn't really my thing. Plus Rhino isn't exactly a slouch when it comes to organic shapes :)

Yep...to be creative after so much restriction is fantastic. Sometimes a bit overwhelming and I still need to take care not to overdo things. But I have got my life back. If you ever find yourself with long term chronic illness try YTE is my advice.

Onwards, upwards...

4. UniverseBecoming
    Thanks for the tip! I never heard of YTE until you mentioned it to me. I read the story about Dr. Davidson just now and find it very interesting! I love all things health related and stick to a very strict diet to keep my body running as optimal as possible. Fortunately, for now, knock on rotomolded polycarbonate with simulated wood grain, I have no ailments to speak of. Well, other than dying of old age! HAHA! :p But I'll try it out and see what it does.

Do you mind saying what brand you use and where you get it from?

5. Hello Froot!

Of course. After a lot of trial and error by a good friend who also suffers from chronic pain she eventually recommended - strongly recommended - getting YTE from getyourboomback - I don't know if one can post links in the forum but I am sure a quick Google will fnd them.

There is a seriously big leap in the amount of YTE they provide than any other company out there. It also comes with a complete set of amino acids, and they sell the product under the title of "Amino Boosters".

The same friend also sells the product and asked me to write a review for them for inclusion on her website. I suppose the best way to describe the impact they have had on my life is to copy and past the review here.

"
    "I began taking YTE about six months ago after enduring 23 years of worsening fibromyalgia. I found my life increasingly restricted until I could barely operate for longer than half an hour without having to rest, or risk pushing my condition from chronic to acute. Not much of a life considering the adventures I had before the illness became too severe.

I must admit I was quite sceptical when I got my first shipment. Over the years I had tried many things - some quite outlandish - to try and keep my mobility going and my pain levels low. In fact had I not been so desperate I would have laughed some of the products out of town. But when one is that ill...the desperation really does affect one's thinking, one's judgement.

The first difference I noticed came about ten days after first starting taking YTE. As well as physical pain, fibromyalgia also creates feelings of exhaustion and a "mental fog". There is a lack of mental clarity and an inability to concentrate inherent in the condition. Anyways, after around ten days I noticed a marked improvement in my mental processes. My thinking became sharper and my powers of concentration and focus returned. It was quite sudden and completely unexpected. Then, a few days later, something truly extraordinary happened.

I had been told by my physiotherapist to not limp, as this created a muscular - skeletal malalignment which made therapy difficult. However, when I tried I found that I could only keep it going for a few minutes until the muscular strain became too much. The hold I had on the muscles around my pelvis would give way, my pelvis would then flop forward and also lean to the right and the limp would return. I triend and tried to extend the time walking properly, but the effort was so great, and the time I spent walking rather than limping never seemed to extend beyond those few minutes.

It was in these circumstances that I set off to walk (rather than limp) to my local shop. I knew I had it in me to just about get there, but also knew that I would be limping back (and would often have to stop to rest on the return journey - even though there and back to my flat was only a several minute walk). However I walked to the shop, got my required item and walked out again. It was only when I was nearing my flat that I realised I had been walking and bracing my pelvis properly without any strain whatsoever.

I was so shocked, the realisation stopped me in my tracks.

Since then I haven't limped once. It seems as if the YTE has reconnected my brain with my muscles, leading to increased mobility and increasing levels of physical stamina. My pain levels are reduced to chronic ache but the acute and crippling pain has gone; and that is an incredible change as the only changes over the last two decades have been ones for the worst as new symptom after new symptom manifested. This is the first time any sustained positive change has ever occurred.

After living in a physical and emotional nightmare for 23 years, I am finally getting my life back. I may never be the fully fit wonderwoman I once was, but I can now sit down and put in sustained effort at my re-education. I can hold my own in conversation in the evenings without zoning or even blanking out. I can go on modest walks in the countryside - all these pleasures I though forever gone have returned and I relish each of them with a depth of gratitude that few may understand.

All of my friends have commented, without once being prompted, of the change in me. None knew that I had begun taking my "bouncyfroot pills" as I have come to call YTE. I am told I'm so much more "with it" as I'm not exhausted by constant pain or struggling through brain fog anymore. I have also been complimented on my walk rather than being told (at a Halloween Party) that my zombie shuffle was the best the person had ever seen. Oh, the look on his face when I told him that's how I moved in real life. But to hell with the limp, let's bring on the sashay, darlings!

I truly, truly hope your experience of YTE will have the same impact as mine. But even if it's half the benefit I am sure you will find it to be of great value. And the price makes it accessible for people facing financial hardships; and if you need Bouncyfroot, then, like me, you are probably facing that scenario. I am so impressed by the amount of Bouncy one gets in each pill for the price. If it was more expensive then it would be inaccessible for so many of us that need it.

So...whilst not entirely a miracle in the fullest sense, I can honestly say that, thanks to YTE, I have got my life back. It still has aches and quite a few of them, but what the heck, it's there, it's do-able and it's absolutely wonderful."

Sorry for the length of the reply but I have obvious reasons to ditch the British reserve and try out some enthusiasm for once.

6. UniverseBecoming
    Whoa! That's quite a story! Thanks for sharing! I'll be sure to look into it further! :D