Wood Grain Sandstone Experiment

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Nadia_Khuzina, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Nadia_Khuzina
    Nadia_Khuzina Member
    I couldn't find any examples of wood grain being printed in sandstone, but I took the chance with this model. It is 15cm tall. You can still see the dark wood inlay texture in the lettering. This model is of a politician representing Lithuania, and both wood and amber are important cultural symbols. The air and nature is very clean and refreshing there.

If you are curious about the money, it's the hero Lithuanian/American pilots Darius and Girenas. They are responsible for basketball being so popular in Lithuania. The money on the right was a derivative currency issued just after the restoration of independence that was intended to stop any of Lithuania's wealth finding its way back to Moscow. Times were very tough then.

antanas-guoga-3d-printed-model.jpg antanas-guoga-3d-printed-model-bottom.jpg antanas-guoga-3d-printed-model-closeup.jpg antanas-guoga-3d-printed-model-pedestal.jpg

2. Shea_Design
    Shea_Design Well-Known Member
    Very sharp features! Looks like you have mastered the workflow for that material. -S