Have you seen my face?

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Shea_Design, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Shea_Design
    Shea_Design Well-Known Member
    I'm not sure if Premium Silver means more careful polishing?, but I do have some photos to share showing the results of 3 finishes. I have pulled the polished products in favor of the detail of raw castings. I may re-enable premium silver if someone can tell me her face will survive. Good references anyway. -S

Shea_Fairies_Detail_FACE_8255_1K_Flat.jpg

Shea_Fairies_ALL_8239_1K_Flat.jpg

2. Nisey
    Nisey Active Member
    Hey,

Can you reach out to my customer service team at service @shapeways.com?

They will be able to help you there.

3. jewelleranto
    jewelleranto Member
    Premium polish gives your items a higher shine and smoother finish. Unfortunately the finer details will be lost. Her lips have been polished off.

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Still it is supposed to be a careful manual process. Stereotypical "hey guy, my face is up here" problem ? :)

5. Shea_Design
    Her face actually survived the Premium Polish (far right piece), but that model had delicate wings & so the polisher may have been forced to be more gentle. When the wings arrived bent I beefed up the design considerably, then ordered regular Polished Silver & the Raw Brass seen above.

BTW - I'm hesitant to engage CS because I feel they will just tell me what I already know. This issue is mentioned in the material specs and we are talking about a production pipeline here. Ordered a Raw Silver to complete my evaluation of this design.

Thanks for your input, stating the obvious, and suggestions.

-Shea

6. jewelleranto
    jewelleranto Member
    The pieces are polished by different people each time. I reported problems with pieces that had been over polished and CS retefied my issues. I apologise for stating the obvious. It's clear you already know why the face is missing. It's just unfortunate that the polishing process can't be repeated identically each time, but hey, that's the downfall of other people doing the work for you. You could always order each piece in unpolished silver and do a more careful job yourself. I fear you'd quickly learn how easy it is to over polish something with that finer detail in less than a split second.

7. Shea_Design
    OIC, well that is encouraging. And thanks for your apology, you have character and I like that. I think I will reach out to CS, after I clear my head of some mind numbing production this month... for me that means taking out the electric mtn bike and hammering the So Cal coastline, not so bad eh. Thanks for sharing your experience,, and for everybody's thoughts on the matter.

-Shea