Grouping different Models for Single Sale

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by LrdSatyr8, Feb 2, 2016.

1. LrdSatyr8
    LrdSatyr8 Well-Known Member
    It would be nice if you could "bundle" several single models together in ONE. This way you can offer different printed items in one complete set of items... for example... you have a model that prints in ABS, a model that prints in FUD, and another that prints in Acrylic. Instead of listing them all seaparately, would be really nice if you could put them all together in one package and they would be printed in their own associated materials but purchased at a single price.

2. ecs_norway
    ecs_norway Well-Known Member
    I can see something like this working well. I recently ordered some models that the designer had made available in WSF Polished only.

WSF Polished came out very well in most of the design, but a few small details were utterly destroyed by the polishing process.

It would be nice to be able to, for example, offer the main model in WSF Polished as the designer intended, but have the small detail pieces in FUD. It would require a little assembly work from the buyer, but that would be much better than receiving a model that doesn't live up to snuff.

3. sedstiskyfaller
    sedstiskyfaller Well-Known Member
    This is exactly what I would like added as an option for shop owners. I thought there was a way to do this before, but I can't find it now.

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    There was a "product sets mod" on the now defunct "labs" page until a few months ago that let one include a nice big red "buy the whole set" button on a model page. A workaround in the form of a html link code for including in the model description was posted recently in this thread

5. czhunter
    czhunter Well-Known Member
    Yes please!

The best option would be with _no workarounds_ and possibility to make Shapeways render already with different materials applied.

The most sense it would of course have, if Shapeways offered true transparent material (glazing).

6. HunterMcJesus
    HunterMcJesus Member
    I frequently break apart my models into sets to make constructing them and printing them cost much less. I would LOVE to have a way to group a bunch of items together to display a total cost of the set.

7. ChristianH
    ChristianH Well-Known Member
    Yes, this is a great idea.