Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Url's in descriptions
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Url's in descriptions [message #19333] Mon, 18 October 2010 20:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar TerraCotta  is currently offline TerraCotta
Go to my shop

proper links in descriptions?[ 7 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 7 / 100%
2.No 0 / 0%

It would be very nice to be able to put links (say, between related items) in product descriptions with a normal link instead of something like http://www.shapeways.com/model/109166/ultimate_desk_toy.html taking over the whole box, or is there some way to do this already that I'm not aware of?

Sincerely,
Jeff Coleman

Re: Url's in descriptions [message #19365 is a reply to message #19333 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 06:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Including proper links id desctipritons would be a good thing to have, using the forum url code or html A tag doesn't work.
Re: Url's in descriptions [message #19379 is a reply to message #19365 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 09:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Good point, I'll forward that. I'd say that using the forum URL code would be the way to go, to keep things consistent across the site?

I'll even be so bold to suggest we should offer the little formatting toolbar that we use on the forum Wink

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Url's in descriptions [message #19385 is a reply to message #19379 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 13:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
bartv wrote on Tue, 19 October 2010 09:57

Good point, I'll forward that. I'd say that using the forum URL code would be the way to go, to keep things consistent across the site?

I'll even be so bold to suggest we should offer the little formatting toolbar that we use on the forum Wink

Bart

That would be spot on, cheers Bart
Re: Url's in descriptions [message #19392 is a reply to message #19385 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 14:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tommy_2Tall  is currently offline Tommy_2Tall
Go to my shop
Hi!

That sounds like a great idea to me!

The shop description text accepts links by copy/paste'ing a link from a RTF or HTML formatted source text but I tested the same approach on a product description and it didn't work. :-S

If we could use the same BBcode style formatting all over the site that would be very nice Very Happy
Re: Url's in descriptions [message #19394 is a reply to message #19379 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 14:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TerraCotta  is currently offline TerraCotta
Go to my shop
bartv wrote on Tue, 19 October 2010 09:57

Bart

Awesome, Bart. Having the full formatting bar would definitely help me improve readability for my customers instead of just having a big block of text.

Jeff
Re: Url's in descriptions [message #19504 is a reply to message #19333 ] Thu, 21 October 2010 19:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Formatting as well? That'd be top notch - that can make our descriptions so much easier to read. Smile

Andy
Re: Url's in descriptions [message #19674 is a reply to message #19333 ] Tue, 26 October 2010 18:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
for sure, this would be great. I might take out the color/font options in fear of breaking the uniformity of the product pages and the large chance of ugliness appearing in bright colorful fonts in descriptions

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Url's in descriptions [message #22890 is a reply to message #19674 ] Fri, 21 January 2011 15:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Quick bump, since this seems to be the most appropriate thread to discuss it:

How do you make clickable links in your product descriptions?

And is it possible to check that the links work without having to repeatedly log out and log back in again? If you view your description while logged in it's automatically editable; it'd be nice if you could either have it displayed by default as everyone else will see it, with a button giving you the option to edit it, or have it editable as it is, but with a button to let you preview what everyone else will see.

<EDIT> Ignore me, I'm clearly blind. Somehow I missed the fact that the formatting tools were already there, including a link button. *facepalm*

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2011 15:38 UTC]

Previous Topic:Thumbs up
Next Topic:wiki

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.