Home » Support » Bug Reporting » image preview
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
image preview [message #1280] Wed, 10 September 2008 13:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar Christel  is currently offline Christel
Go to all my models
This is something I noticed when adding photos of my newly printed object: http://www.shapeways.com/model/2996/linked_stars.html

The photos I uploaded were 700 pixels wide. The were resized by the site software - which is perfectly OK and happening everywhere, I guess.
But the image window on the page is apparently set to be larger than the resized image. Which means that if you click the thumbnails to view "full size", images show a lot of compression artifacts. If you click the "full size" image, you get the actual size, which is smaller, but better quality.

So what I'm trying to say - how about adjusting either the image window or the resizing for better quality viewing?
Re: image preview [message #1281 is a reply to message #1280 ] Wed, 10 September 2008 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Christel,

I see what you mean. I'll pass it on, thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: image preview [message #1290 is a reply to message #1281 ] Thu, 11 September 2008 08:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Christel Cool ,

Thanks for the tip! We will take care of it!

Greetz, Ralph

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager

Previous Topic:Similar models and printed works on front page
Next Topic:Delivery times

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.