Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Design » Manifold Error
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Manifold Error [message #18809] Thu, 07 October 2010 15:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar donest  is currently offline donest
Go to all my models
Can anyone help?

• Attachment: M_Jeans2.stl
    (Size: 541.39KB, Downloaded 74 time(s))

Re: Manifold Error [message #18813 is a reply to message #18809 ] Thu, 07 October 2010 17:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
Did you check the "Please manually fix my model if the upload fails" option when uploading? The automated system should be able to handle basic errors.

Anyway, I am on my lunch break so I fixed it. Units are now in mm.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Manifold Error [message #18819 is a reply to message #18809 ] Thu, 07 October 2010 18:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi, Yes I did check that box. They told me it was too tiny. I set my construction preferences to Cm in Alias and added that the model was 17mm across. How, may I ask, did you fix it? I need to know for future models. Thanks so much for what you did.
Re: Manifold Error [message #18822 is a reply to message #18809 ] Thu, 07 October 2010 19:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
There must have been some kind of unit conversion problem. There were a lot of double faces removed and vertices merged when an automatic fix was applied in Magics, but the file appeared to be in inches. If you uploaded it as cm or mm it would be very thin, and so unprintable.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Manifold Error [message #18980 is a reply to message #18809 ] Tue, 12 October 2010 22:24 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Still having problems. I want to be able to do this on my own and learn. Vjeans is 20mm across. I used netfabb to fix and it did a pretty good job but I guess there are still errors. I'm approaching a deadline and have nothing but poor models. I have used Alias Surface Studio (and Studio Tools) for 15 years. I fixed the normals first, created a mesh, and then exported as an STL. Can anyone help? I would love to know what I am doing wrong. Would like to use this method/site in the future.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2010 02:10 UTC]

Previous Topic:Download Model - File corruption
Next Topic:Coffin Joe cartoon statue

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.