Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Co-Creator Feedback » max volume issues
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
max volume issues [message #18673] Mon, 04 October 2010 04:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar mattm1080  is currently offline mattm1080
Go to my shop
Hello,

The knots I am working on can easily be scaled up. Should I make a model for each size (sm., md, and large.)?

mattm1080
Re: max volume issues [message #18968 is a reply to message #18673 ] Tue, 12 October 2010 14:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi mattm1080,

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Is this a Co-Creator specific question, or 3D in general?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: max volume issues [message #19242 is a reply to message #18968 ] Sun, 17 October 2010 02:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
I think I know what he means.

I have a model that is 12cc+2.4cc per leter. Currently to keep costs down I would have to define each possible length as a different co create model instead of 1 model that auto changed the price based on the length of the users input field.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: max volume issues [message #19368 is a reply to message #19242 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 08:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ah, ok.

Yes, with our current pricing model you can only enter one price for a co-creator. If you want to offer substantially larger or smaller objects this price would be way off and you should create separate models.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:material price change
Next Topic:Managing Co-creation template

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.