Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Need Searchable Tags
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need Searchable Tags [message #18627] Sat, 02 October 2010 01:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mingli_Chang  is currently offline Mingli_Chang
Go to all my models
I was looking for a gift for a really nerdy friend of mine and another friend suggested I check Shapeways for some crafted dice. I found some here but I wanted to see what else there is.

It would be nice to turn each tag on a product page into an autosearch link. The best example would be the way Flickr makes every keyword searchable.

____
EDIT
------

I now see that tags are searchable if I'm on the gallery search page but I want to be able to click on a tag when I'm looking at a product because I may find a search term that I didn't think about. Yes I can type the tag into the search bar above but it's inefficient compared to the search options offered on other sites.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2010 01:53 UTC]

icon14.gif  Re: Need Searchable Tags [message #18629 is a reply to message #18627 ] Sat, 02 October 2010 06:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
I totally agree. Having clickable tags would be a huge enhancement for searching models.
With the results of the search for one tag, we could also have a tag cloud showing the most popular associated tags for this particular tag.
Re: Need Searchable Tags [message #18630 is a reply to message #18627 ] Sat, 02 October 2010 07:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TerraCotta  is currently offline TerraCotta
Go to my shop
Add my vote for both clickable tags and tag clouds--both would improve model browsing immensely!

Jeff
Re: Need Searchable Tags [message #24784 is a reply to message #18627 ] Fri, 11 March 2011 23:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
We implemented clickable tags on product detail pages a few weeks back and they are working quite nicely.

Tag clouds are also a cool idea that I will mull over. Thanks for the suggestions!

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead

Previous Topic:Shop Creation
Next Topic:Site update, and upload times.