Home »  » Bug Reporting » Food safe materials
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Food safe materials [message #18589] Thu, 30 September 2010 18:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar SirisC  is currently offline SirisC
Go to my shop
Any possibilites of having food safe materials available? I would love to be able to print a mold, or an object I can use to cast a food safe mold. (think chocolate dice, and other mathematical shapes)
Re: Food safe materials [message #18645 is a reply to message #18589 ] Sat, 02 October 2010 21:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mathijs van beers  is currently offline Mathijs van beers
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm an intern!
Hi Siris,

I suggest you use an addition coting (silicone for example). Its possible to buy a food save spray which will help you to deal with the problem and get the product with the available materials which are already offered.

The negative is that, you can't sell a complete product to other costumers if that was your idea. But if its for own you kitchen, you don't need to wait if you don't want to.

Hopefully this helps and maybe we will get silicone or other food save material some day?!

Cheers,
Mathijs

Previous Topic:Materials - once more
Next Topic:Glow in the dark WSF

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.