Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Klear [message #18527] Wed, 29 September 2010 01:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
OK, I've read all the mentions here and all the links from here that I could find about the stuff. I've been dipping my WSF models into Future (or Klear, or whatever it's called by you. The clear acrylic floor "wax"). What can we expect from it? What are your experiences? I'm hoping it can protect against the dirt pickup that I hear WSF is prone to, by sealing the surface. I can hardly tell the difference, though (except by the smell). I've just tried dipping half the WSF piece from the sample kit into it; maybe that will help.

I tend to wipe things off after dipping them, though, on the grounds that I'm relying on what soaks into the pores; does that make sense? It's a lot easier to work with than clear spray-paint and seems to cover more evenly too. Can it be that this is all that's needed for preserving prints?

What are other people's experiences?
Re: Klear [message #18528 is a reply to message #18527 ] Wed, 29 September 2010 01:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
Oh, and what about using it on sandstone, the other porous-seeming material?

Previous Topic:getting the most out of sandstone
Next Topic:Best Material for Painting

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.