Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » List prices changed (stainless instead of WSF)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
List prices changed (stainless instead of WSF) [message #18136] Tue, 21 September 2010 22:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi,

Models show up in the gallery showing the higher price of stainless steel, when wsf is also available.

Ok, am I missing the way to set a default material for a model or something?

Cheers,

Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: List prices changed (stainless instead of WSF) [message #18139 is a reply to message #18136 ] Wed, 22 September 2010 01:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
I noticed that. I have a sneaking suspicion it's based on the categories you put your models in. I've found that most of my models stay with WSF shown as the default, but those I've placed into jewellery categories are switched to SS as the default.

Andy
Re: List prices changed (stainless instead of WSF) [message #18144 is a reply to message #18139 ] Wed, 22 September 2010 09:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thank you, oh smart one Smile

Nice trick, but I would prefer us shop-owners being consulted on this Wink
This way I feel like I'm running a shop in the dark,
where random personel is calling the shots and strategies.

I do hope we can set the default soon, ourselves.

Cheers,

Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: List prices changed (stainless instead of WSF) [message #18158 is a reply to message #18144 ] Wed, 22 September 2010 16:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
Was about to post the same question. Yea, I'd prefer the ability to set it my self as the difference on my building block between wsf and ss is almost $200 so I'd prefer people see the lower price tag...

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: List prices changed (stainless instead of WSF) [message #18185 is a reply to message #18158 ] Wed, 22 September 2010 21:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Yes, we can manipulate the recommend materials per category.

The current setting is an experiment. We found the metals more appropriate for jewelry.

I concur that is a good idea to let you guys set the recommend materials per model.
Re: List prices changed (stainless instead of WSF) [message #22311 is a reply to message #18185 ] Sat, 08 January 2011 00:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
robert wrote on Wed, 22 September 2010 21:47

Yes, we can manipulate the recommend materials per category.

The current setting is an experiment. We found the metals more appropriate for jewelry.

I concur that is a good idea to let you guys set the recommend materials per model.

... and is this still being looked at?. I too find it really annoying to have the higher priced material listed as default.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Currency Flags in stores
Next Topic:larger images

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.