Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Delivery times
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Delivery times [message #1205] Thu, 04 September 2008 21:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar Hieron  is currently offline Hieron
Go to all my models
So I ordered on the night of 21st of August. Now it is the night of the 4th. So 14 days have past, without any confirmation, tracking, messages, updates.

When I ordered there was a "in your house within 10 days" statement. Now I don't want to fuss about the 10 days too much (still, I do think that's already on the long side.. for a service like this)

The point is that for 14 days, I get no info whatsoever. Usually when ordering things, you either get the info automatically or you can phone for it. I'm pretty sure it is not doable for a service like this (low price, high throughput) to have people phoning often. But it is a black box now. You put something in, and just wait for whenever something feels like coming out.

A semi simple system on the order page which states the guestimated date of printing, when it gets packaged, and subsequently shipped would be great.
Re: Delivery times [message #1215 is a reply to message #1205 ] Fri, 05 September 2008 08:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
Hieron,

We are working on getting to the bottom of your order. We really want everyone to be happy with Shapeways so this kind of feedback is very important to us.

I think it is a great idea to implement some kind of tracking page. We will look into how quickly we can set something like this up so that people have more of an indication about when their models will arrive.

You should have however gotten an email telling you that your model was going in production. If you did not get this email, tell me and we will look into that also.

"in your home in ten days" means in your home in ten working days. We're sorry if we didn't make this clear enough. This would mean that by all means you should have gotten your model on Thursday. The fact that you did not is unacceptable, and we will look into what went wrong and make sure that this doesn't happen in the future.

We will try to make ordering less of a black box and make sure that you know when things will arrive in the future. I will keep you updated on the progress we make. If you have any more questions you can email me, joris (at) shapeways.com or leave a message here.

Kind regards,

Joris
Re: Delivery times [message #1220 is a reply to message #1215 ] Fri, 05 September 2008 18:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Hieron  is currently offline Hieron
Go to all my models
Hi Joris,

Thanks for that great answer, and actually I did not get a "in production" e-mail. I did get the mail from Paypal though, that the payment was done. Should I have had a mail from Shapeways too?

The order# is: 100087
Would be great if you could figure out what went wrong Neutral

I'm sorry if my suggestions come over a bit strong, in any case, I don't mean to sound harsh. There is a "beta" sign on the top of the page after all Smile

Thing is, I'd like to use this service on a regular basis for my small company, in such case clarity is a must.. So I'd applaud any moves towards a tracking thing.
Re: Delivery times [message #1344 is a reply to message #1220 ] Wed, 17 September 2008 10:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dock  is currently offline dock
Go to all my models
It's been 23 days since I ordered and it still hasn't arrived, so I must admit I'm a bit disappointed with the delivery times. I wouldn't mind so much if the delivery time was started as 10-30 days delivery time, but the website refers to 'just ten days'. It's pretty misleading. I'm still looking excited about receiving my order, but I have to bear in mind that the delivery may take much longer than expected if I hope to order these as gifts or for an event.

For example, I was hoping to create something in early October with a view to having it ready for an event on October 24th, but now I don't feel confident I can do this.
Re: Delivery times [message #1346 is a reply to message #1344 ] Wed, 17 September 2008 15:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
Hey Dock,

Just curious, did you ever get your confirmation in-production email? I remember reading Joris asking Hieris for an email, so I assume that somehow your order got waylaid in the same way somehow if you didn't get confirmed. This confirmation comes later than your payment, because I assume you are put in a printing queue.

Did you send an email to staff?

I'm waiting for my first model too! It's not due here for a week (10 business day from when I ordered it), but I still get excited when the delivery folks bring a package. It happens pretty much every second or third day, but it's always for my partner *pout*. We get coffee pods, hornworms and silkworms for the lizards, some little piece of some kind of thing for his work ... but nuffin for me yet!

I got an email a few days ago that my first set of doodads were in production, but haven't heard yet about my musette.

And today I got a confirmation that my first set of doodads had been printed and are being sent! Woohoo!

Agreeing with Hieris - It sounds like the process may be a little vague. This will become increasingly an issue as folks join the shapeways team. People need very clear indications of what to expect. And even then, as you start to cater to the mainstream folks, you'll get people who've read it wrong lol.

-Whystler

[Updated on: Wed, 17 September 2008 16:14 UTC]

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: Delivery times [message #1347 is a reply to message #1346 ] Wed, 17 September 2008 18:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jochem  is currently offline jochem
Go to all my models
Guys,

Just wanted to let you know we're working hard to improve our service levels. Obviously, we're not happy with the way things work today. Unfortunately, in a beta situation that sometimes happens.

In the meantime, thank you for your positive spirit!

Cheers,

Jochem
Re: Delivery times [message #1353 is a reply to message #1344 ] Thu, 18 September 2008 08:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
Dock,

I've checked your order and we have it as being, "out for delivery", you should have gotten it already. We will check with the shippers to see what happened with your order and get back to you.

Email us the second, that your order has not been delivered within 10 working days!

Joris
Re: Delivery times [message #1365 is a reply to message #1353 ] Fri, 19 September 2008 13:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dock  is currently offline dock
Go to all my models
My order arrived today, so that's 25 days since order, and 11 days since I received my shipping notice. So, pretty late, but the quality is excellent. I posted up photos in a different thread. Smile

Do orders tend to be slower with a larger number of items? Is there any speed increase if there are multiple-units of the same item? I was thinking of getting 10 of one model made this time.
Re: Delivery times [message #1368 is a reply to message #1365 ] Fri, 19 September 2008 19:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
No, the number of items does not really matter.

Your order was "misplaced". I will not go into the details, but we did put some extra procedures in place to solve this issue from happening in the future.

Cheers!

Robert
Re: Delivery times [message #1373 is a reply to message #1205 ] Fri, 19 September 2008 22:43 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop

I'm guessing that this will happen occasionally. It does with any business. Humans make mistakes. I'm very human myself!

But the good news is that you guys are saying that orders are supposed to arrive within 10 days. And if they don't, then something weird has happened. An order over 10 days is not normal.

So, I'll let you know on Thursday morning next week if mine doesn't arrive lol Wink

-Whystler

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/

Previous Topic:image preview
Next Topic:Selling to others

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.