Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Apostrophes not apostrophes
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Apostrophes not apostrophes [message #18014] Sat, 18 September 2010 15:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
I'm currently uploading all my I Ching pendant designs to my shop, and several of the names of the trigrams have apostrophes in them (such as Ch'ien, K'un, K'an etc). I type these apostrophes in as normal, but once the files are uploaded, the apostrophes have been changed automatically to quote marks ( " ). This means I have to go back into the model pages to change them all back to apostrophes, which is a bit of a bear when there are so many of them.

[EDIT] Actually, I've just realised that the quote marks are actually double apostrophes, which is even weirder. So whenever I type an apostrophe, it turns it into two.
Any idea why this is?

Andy

[Updated on: Sat, 18 September 2010 15:40 UTC]

Re: Apostrophes not apostrophes [message #18028 is a reply to message #18014 ] Sun, 19 September 2010 13:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
I assume it's an escaping artifact, that apostrophes are doubled when being placed in the database since they're also used to quote the data. It's a common problem with SQL-style databases (and probably others too). Someone eventually is going to have to handle round-tripping that correctly.

Previous Topic:What happened to my model?
Next Topic:IE 7 fails to go to Paypal for purchase

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.