Home » Support » 3D Applications » Merging STLs?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Merging STLs? [message #17875] Thu, 16 September 2010 17:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar rythwi  is currently offline rythwi
Go to all my models
Hi
I have created a model that wont merge in the old program I am using to build.

So its in two parts. Is there a way to create two STL files and then merge them together in another program? Or does anyone else know another way to merge two parts?

The way I built my object is retarded and I dont have the time to re-build it all.
Thanks for the help
Ryan

Re: Merging STLs? [message #17893 is a reply to message #17875 ] Thu, 16 September 2010 19:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
I haven't actually tried this, but I see no reason you couldn't import both of them into the same Blender session and (optionally) merge the meshes. You don't even need to merge the meshes, really; you can just select them both and export them together.
Re: Merging STLs? [message #17897 is a reply to message #17893 ] Thu, 16 September 2010 19:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rythwi  is currently offline rythwi
Go to all my models
OK
I tried to select both and export together.
When i uploaded to shapeways it only showed one part.

But then i opened the STL in meshlab and resaved....that did the trick.

Thanks for your reply

Previous Topic:What is a winding error and how do I fix it??
Next Topic:AutoCAD2009 issue

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.