Paypal VS Bank Transfer, which is quicker?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by HaVoC373, Sep 9, 2010.

1. HaVoC373
    HaVoC373 Member
    as the title says which one of the two is quicker?
    thus far i've been placing orders using bank transfer. and i usualy get a payment confirmation the next day. (acording to the order note it wont go into production till payment has been recieved. so i asume it wont be placed in the production queue till i reieve that payment confirmation.

however i recently made a paypal acount and was wondering which payment option gets me that payment confirmation sooner?
    its also a little easyer administration wise for me.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. Well, you should get a PayPal confirmation pretty much instantaneously. So that's probably quicker. ;)

Andy

3. HaVoC373
    HaVoC373 Member
    thanks

now if only i made this thread 30 minutes ago i wouldnt have had to wait till tommorow...

4. 54050_deleted
    54050_deleted Member
    A French homestay agency that arranges rooms for tourists to stay here (NY) has asked whether I want to be paid through paypal or a transfer of $ (just about $1200, first time doing it for them; it will be rare) directly to my bank acct. what do you think is better tax-wise? It does not involve selling anything but the use of a bedroom for a tourist.I do not have a "B & B" place or anything; this is rather informal. If they use paypal, could I possibly then use the $ they send to pay a mortgage payment? (ok maybe that sounds ignorant....) or is it just less complicated (but costly tax-wise) to have them transfer $ to my bank? would I have to declare it & call it rental income? (it's not exactly from employment) sorry for naivete; I have to answer them sometime today if possible. thank you for your time. I know this isn't to be used for personal, professional advice but I need something to help me decide since I cannot consult with anyone today and the IRS & paypal sites confused me.

Stock Update