Where to turn off download original uploaded file

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by curiousgoods, Sep 8, 2010.

1. curiousgoods
    curiousgoods Member
    I have no idea how to turn off the model download feature.

2. In the column on the right of your product page, it says: 3D Part download:
    available to all. Uncheck that box.

Cheers, Michiel

3. curiousgoods
    curiousgoods Member
    That's what I thought, too. However, when I do that, my model becomes unavailable for purchase.

4. curiousgoods
    curiousgoods Member
    And. . . now it works. I wonder if I was un-checking the wrong box.

Thanks!

5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I'm a bit concerned that these two check boxes are too similiar and too close together.. can we get some color on one of them? Or move it somewhere else on the page?

Or.. I'd like the option to be able to set it by default, perhaps to even disable the option completely, from my profile.

Not that I object to, or don't want to particpate in sharing... but there are only a very few of my models that I'd want to share. I did open this shop for a bit more capitilistic purpopses.. :p

Personally, about the only time I'd mark an item downloadable would also be if I had selected the "Hidden" option.. which was a good change by the way!

6. Isn't it unavailable by default? I just checked a couple of mine, and they're not available to download except by me, and I didn't touch the boxes when I uploaded them. Don't forget, when you're looking at your own models, it's bound to allow the download option; that doesn't mean it's available to everyone else.

Andy