"printed models by our community" ?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 5853_deleted, Sep 1, 2008.

1. 5853_deleted
    5853_deleted Member
    The subtitle reads:
    "see what others did with their printed model"

It would be fun to see actual printed models, not the added render shots that give a good look at the model. I'd think this is maybe a temporary place holder, but when following the "how to upload an image" link next to it, it is just the normal image uploading routine.

My 2p : Either rename it, or only allow actual photo's of printed models.. as it was.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. Dalhimar
    Dalhimar Member
    I agree, what i think would be a nice option when in the printing menu is to have a checkbox near or under the materials selection dropdown that sates somthing along the lines of::::"I give permission as the copyright holder and or designer to use this model along with its printed counterpart to be used as part of ShapeWays promotional campaign"
    Or somthing that gives you legal right to display the work of the artist once printed.
    I dont know about everyone else here, but some(minor amount) of the pictures that the public uploads are not that good of quality and do not fully express the detail and work put into these. While others i have seen look great.
    This would be nice because i know that in order to print the model, some one has to look at it, and this would let them, if they thought"Hey that looks pretty cool", to take a picture of it for uploading to the site, and either have it upload to the models page once labeled and uploaded to the servers, or Email with the shipment notice.