Home » Support » 3D Applications » What is a winding error and how do I fix it??
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
What is a winding error and how do I fix it?? [message #17279] Sun, 05 September 2010 00:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
Hi guys, Ive been recently trying to upload a vrml model for colour printing to shapeways but I keep getting a "winding error" can someone enlighten me as to what this means and how it can be fixed?

Btw, Im using blender so any blender specific help would be appreciated but not essential
Re: What is a winding error and how do I fix it?? [message #17663 is a reply to message #17279 ] Mon, 13 September 2010 20:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I don't use Blender, but I have had models with winding check errors which I corrected by extruding a pseudo 2D surface with AccuTrans3D
Re: What is a winding error and how do I fix it?? [message #17791 is a reply to message #17279 ] Wed, 15 September 2010 18:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
A winding error means that one or more normals are pointing in the wrong direction.

But we now have automatic fixing of color models upon upload available. You should try again. Most likely it will be successfully processed now.

- Robert
Re: What is a winding error and how do I fix it?? [message #17815 is a reply to message #17791 ] Thu, 16 September 2010 00:21 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
Thanks both of you Very Happy Ill try again Robert and cross my fingers

Previous Topic:smooth surface
Next Topic:Merging STLs?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.