Home » Support » 3D Design » Noob Question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Noob Question [message #17275] Sat, 04 September 2010 20:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar Zhuge_Liang  is currently offline Zhuge_Liang
Go to my shop
Hi all.

I have a question about printing from zbrush.

As anybody who uses it will know the workflow is heavily reliant on sub-tools and I'm wondering how they work with 3d printing.

Say for example I have a human mesh and I import a sword mesh which I then position in the hand, would it be possible to print the human holding the sword if I merged the two objects? They would become a single mesh, but the vertices wouldn't be welded together, rather they would merely overlap. Does this matter?
Re: Noob Question [message #17277 is a reply to message #17275 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 22:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Zhuge_Liang  is currently offline Zhuge_Liang
Go to my shop
Ah, I have discovered after attempting to upload a model that is appears to be possible Very Happy
Re: Noob Question [message #17278 is a reply to message #17275 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 22:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
they of the meshes overlap they will print as a solid piece where they overlap, so the sword will be printed with the handle and the hand joined

Previous Topic:design a key
Next Topic:Quick question regarding Earring Contest...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.