Home » Support » 3D Design » Noob Question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Noob Question [message #17275] Sat, 04 September 2010 20:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar Zhuge_Liang  is currently offline Zhuge_Liang
Go to my shop
Hi all.

I have a question about printing from zbrush.

As anybody who uses it will know the workflow is heavily reliant on sub-tools and I'm wondering how they work with 3d printing.

Say for example I have a human mesh and I import a sword mesh which I then position in the hand, would it be possible to print the human holding the sword if I merged the two objects? They would become a single mesh, but the vertices wouldn't be welded together, rather they would merely overlap. Does this matter?
Re: Noob Question [message #17277 is a reply to message #17275 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 22:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Zhuge_Liang  is currently offline Zhuge_Liang
Go to my shop
Ah, I have discovered after attempting to upload a model that is appears to be possible Very Happy
Re: Noob Question [message #17278 is a reply to message #17275 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 22:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
they of the meshes overlap they will print as a solid piece where they overlap, so the sword will be printed with the handle and the hand joined

Previous Topic:design a key
Next Topic:Quick question regarding Earring Contest...