Quicker route to "Edit shop"

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Tommy_2Tall, Sep 4, 2010.

Yay or nay?

1. Yay - I would like that

2. Nay - I'm doing fine as it is now

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tommy_2Tall
    Tommy_2Tall Member
    Hi!

I think that the link "Open a shop" under the "My designs" menu (up at the header) should be replaced by a direct link to "Edit my shop" when a shopowner is logged in.

Since we can't have multiple shops on the same Shapeways account there's no use for that link for an active shopowner AND it would be easier to access the "Edit my shop" page if you don't have to go through the profile-page and scroll down to the bottom.

What'ya think about that?
    Is it a good idea?
    Seems like a pretty easy thing to fix to me... :)

2. I agree entirely; as it stands, the only ways to get to your shop are by finding one of your posts or scrolling to the bottom of your profile.
    Personally I think a direct link to your shop would be a little more useful than a link to the edit page, but since one easily links to the other, either would be good, and far more useful than the "Open a shop" link, which no-one ever needs to click more than once, ever.

Andy

3. TerraCotta
    TerraCotta Member
    My vote is for both: that menu only has four entries on it, less than any other menu. Ready availability of both links would save a significant percentage of my daily clicks!

Jeff

4. Actually I´d just love to know how to get there now, lol.

I´d like to add a banner to my shop, but have no idea where to edit it?!

EDIT: uuups, right in front of me. I feel stupid now.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013