Home »  » Shapeways Shops » noobie questions.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
noobie questions. [message #17246] Fri, 03 September 2010 22:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar UniversalJoint  is currently offline UniversalJoint
Go to my shop
Hi All.

Greetings and some newbie questions. I hope this is the right place.

1. Is there a way for me to reorder the order that images are shown for my models or do I need to upload in the order that I wish them to display?

2. I have large models that are designed to recreate objects. They are not shelled and they are very expensive. Is it possible for me to offer 1/2 size or 1/3 or 1/4 size models in a convenient manner? Or do I have to scale them down on my end, re-upload them and add the images, text etc?

3. Is there a way for me to group my models so that the relatively academic work does not show up with the sculpture or the whimsical work and vice versa?

Thanks,

Jonathan
Re: noobie questions. [message #17247 is a reply to message #17246 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 22:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi All.

Also, is there a way to add a description to the images?

And is there a preference setting for the background behind the images? Right now they take up part of the screen and the background shows up in green which I would like to change.

Thanks!
Re: noobie questions. [message #17252 is a reply to message #17247 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 07:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tommy_2Tall  is currently offline Tommy_2Tall
Go to my shop
Hello and welcome! Very Happy

1: Go to the "My profile" page (click on your user name in the header) and then click on the "Edit my shop" link at the bottom of that page.
On that page you can reorder the objects in your shop.. but that order is only used if the visiting user doesn't choose another sort-order (alphabetical/date/price).
Edit: it is a bit odd but you'll figure it out.. the arrows and the functionality seems to be a bit backwards.. (First = last in the list etc).

You can also create "Shop sections" there which you can assign to the objects individually.

2. Not that I'm aware of.. The order confirmation/invoice contains(/contained) a "scale" value but I haven't found a way to specify that value when you order.

3. See answer #1 above Very Happy

4. There should be a text field below the browser/filepath field.. It says "Description" by default but can be changed.
It's quite easy to miss and a loooot of images here just have "Description" as the image caption.

5. Not sure what you mean; I don't see any green background on any of the images in my shop... :-S
Edit; Aaah, the "mouse over" highlight? That's the same for all users.. Some of your images have the "correct" width/height ratio to reduce that to a thin border.. perhaps the best solution?

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

[Updated on: Sat, 04 September 2010 07:54 UTC]

Re: noobie questions. [message #17258 is a reply to message #17252 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 13:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Tommy.

Thanks /so/ much. So great to get up to speed quickly...

Can I ask you some follow ups please?

Do you happen to know what the "correct" size is of that viewport? I doubt I am going to go through the upload process again but it might be a nice idea especially if I can get it exactly.

Is there a way to re-order my images that show up on each of the models? You know how I can have multiple images?

Lastly, please tell me I can add a description to each image /after/ I have uploaded them. I see the description box at the bottom when I have an option to select an image to upload but I can't seem to find a way to describe already uploaded images. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jon
Re: noobie questions. [message #17269 is a reply to message #17258 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 18:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tommy_2Tall  is currently offline Tommy_2Tall
Go to my shop

Hi again! Smile

The default preview images generated by Shapeways are approximately 135x100px so somewhere around 13:10 aspect ratio...

Unfortunately you can't edit the description after uploading the image so you'd have to remove them and upload them (in the order you want them displayed). :-S

Cheers!
Re: noobie questions. [message #17330 is a reply to message #17269 ] Mon, 06 September 2010 16:09 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank you Tommy.

Previous Topic:Vimeo Link Workaround?
Next Topic:offer smaller scaled models?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.