Horrid Polishing job.

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by jewelleranto, Dec 15, 2015.

1. jewelleranto
    jewelleranto Member
    I've just received my 4th pair of crest cufflinks. order No. #1140093.

Previous orders have arrived with beautifully finished polishing jobs and the recessed detailing has been left with its printer textured/matte finish which actually looks really nice, and the pieces are all individual because of that.

This most recent order has arrived and the polishing team have tried and failed to polish these recessed areas, leaving a horrible, bumpy (but shiny) surface. (see attached photos. One textured, one polished)

I've just ordered another five pairs today (#1168020) and I really do not wish for them to be polished in that way.

I would also like order #1140093 replaced because I can't give hand them over like this.

How do I return this pair, and would you be able to add another pair to my new order with strict instructions not to polish them like this?

This is likely to be a job I ask you guys to do over and over and I'm extremely grateful for your hard work.

Attached Files:

• Cuffone

File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • Cufftwo

File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Email service@shapeways.com with your order number and the pictures - but anything that requires special handling instructions like "do not polish these areas" is probably not going to work with shapeways' streamlined workflow, so hope that it was just an obvious mistake.

3. jewelleranto
    jewelleranto Member
    Thank you.

I hope its an obvious mistake because I've invested over £350 on my most recent order. If it isn't possible to insure that it won't happen again I'm not sure what I should do, because I don't want to waste Shapeways time or my money.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Your images don't have extensions, so we can't view them. But as mkroeker said, emailing service is the quickest way to resolve issues, and to prevent them from happening in the future.

5. jewelleranto
    jewelleranto Member
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015