Quality of Uploaded Logo

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by 28596_deleted, Aug 23, 2010.

1. 28596_deleted
    28596_deleted Member
    Hello everyone,

I have been trying to upload a new logo. It has the correct dimensions and the quality of the jpg are at the maximum setting. Whenever I upload a new logo to shapeways, the new logo has artifacts and deqrades in quality greatly. I have tried multiple methods and cannot figure out a solution. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Original:
    New logo.jpg

2. 28596_deleted
    28596_deleted Member
  3. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    It's an old issue - after some "Trial and error" i found out that
    if you upload a 1600X1000 resolution pics they will display correctly without artifacts.

Check out my shop's pics - all clean and vivid.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dizingof

Cheers,
    Dizingof

4. 28596_deleted
    28596_deleted Member
    Thank you for the help but all things I tried, including your suggestions, did not work.

Thanks again,

-Kris

5. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Kris,

Yesterday i uploaded a new design, a full color Pencil Holder and found out that pictures with red in it aren't showing good even with my 1600X1000 resolution trick....

So shapeways tech guys should look into it - something to do with parsing and resizing a pic.

Cheers,
    Dizingof

6. Another alternative, of course, would be to allow users to upload other image types, especially PNGs. JPEGs are great for for photographic-type images, with smooth transitions of colour, but can often produce artifacts in graphic images with lots of flat areas of colour.

Andy