Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Quality of Uploaded Logo
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Quality of Uploaded Logo [message #16577] Mon, 23 August 2010 17:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar karmabomb  is currently offline karmabomb
Go to my shop
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to upload a new logo. It has the correct dimensions and the quality of the jpg are at the maximum setting. Whenever I upload a new logo to shapeways, the new logo has artifacts and deqrades in quality greatly. I have tried multiple methods and cannot figure out a solution. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Original:
index.php?t=getfile&id=4650&private=0

• Attachment: New logo.jpg
    (Size: 19.75KB, Downloaded 234 time(s))

Re: Quality of Uploaded Logo [message #16578 is a reply to message #16577 ] Mon, 23 August 2010 17:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
degraded uploaded image:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4651&private=0

Re: Quality of Uploaded Logo [message #16579 is a reply to message #16577 ] Mon, 23 August 2010 18:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
It's an old issue - after some "Trial and error" i found out that
if you upload a 1600X1000 resolution pics they will display correctly without artifacts.

Check out my shop's pics - all clean and vivid.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/dizingof

Cheers,
Dizingof

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Quality of Uploaded Logo [message #16636 is a reply to message #16579 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 04:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you for the help but all things I tried, including your suggestions, did not work.

Thanks again,

-Kris
Re: Quality of Uploaded Logo [message #16642 is a reply to message #16577 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 09:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Kris,

Yesterday i uploaded a new design, a full color Pencil Holder and found out that pictures with red in it aren't showing good even with my 1600X1000 resolution trick....

So shapeways tech guys should look into it - something to do with parsing and resizing a pic.

Cheers,
Dizingof

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Quality of Uploaded Logo [message #16645 is a reply to message #16577 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 12:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Another alternative, of course, would be to allow users to upload other image types, especially PNGs. JPEGs are great for for photographic-type images, with smooth transitions of colour, but can often produce artifacts in graphic images with lots of flat areas of colour.

Andy

Previous Topic:organization within a shop
Next Topic:My first order. Suggestions for a different way

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.