Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15935] Wed, 11 August 2010 18:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways,

My shop page contains a hyperlink ("http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111818168870047"). It is clickable here at the forum, but not at my shop page, see below.

How can I make this hyperlink clickable at my shop page? Or even better, how can I make it look like the text below?
---
"Check out Oskar's YouTube channel for his latest creations or join his official fan club".
---

Thank you.

Oskar

index.php?t=getfile&id=4493&private=0

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2010 18:03 UTC]

Re: Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15939 is a reply to message #15935 ] Wed, 11 August 2010 19:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I cheated to get this for you (I didn't know myself, so I saw a post that had it, hit edit, and stole the code Razz )

Blender 3D: Noob to Pro/Hotkeys

[url= http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Hotkeys]Blender 3D: Noob to Pro/Hotkeys

close with a [ /url] without the space in it.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2010 19:31 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15944 is a reply to message #15939 ] Wed, 11 August 2010 20:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
I guess this means I will have to join Facebook at last ... Cool
Re: Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15969 is a reply to message #15939 ] Thu, 12 August 2010 08:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Wed, 11 August 2010 19:31

I cheated to get this for you (I didn't know myself, so I saw a post that had it, hit edit, and stole the code Razz ) ....

Thank you for your suggestion, but IT DOES NOT WORK ON THE SHOP DESCRIPTION PAGE!!!
See my failed attempt below.

Am I doing something whrong, or have I discovered a new "feature"?

Oskar

index.php?t=getfile&id=4496&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2010 08:35 UTC]

Re: Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15971 is a reply to message #15935 ] Thu, 12 August 2010 08:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
It seems weird to me that the link to your YouTube page can be clicked (even if it doesn't show the text you want to), but the Facebook link can't. I just tried editing an HTML link (<a href="">) into my shop, but that didn't work either. So if neither forum code nor HTML work in the description box, then such links are probably not possible at this point.
Something for the web crew to look at. Wink

Andy
Re: Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15976 is a reply to message #15935 ] Thu, 12 August 2010 10:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
It is possible to copy and paste formatted text in to the extended description field. I could just copy the text from your original post in to my shop description without any problems and the links remained clickable:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4497&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2010 10:34 UTC]

Re: Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15978 is a reply to message #15944 ] Thu, 12 August 2010 10:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Wow Tom,

Thank you, that works. What an unexpected but effective solution!

Oskar

index.php?t=getfile&id=4498&private=0

Re: Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15980 is a reply to message #15978 ] Thu, 12 August 2010 11:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Oskar,

Tom was right, if you copy the link from any other source it remains.

Originally the shop description did not support hyperlinks. We hope to support hyperlinks through the edit menu on the shop page soon.

Barry
Re: Why is a hyperlink in my shop page not clickable? [message #15982 is a reply to message #15980 ] Thu, 12 August 2010 15:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
You can even do more. If you edit a shop description in an external html editor and copy the result in the shop description you can do a lot more things (using different fonts, sizes, .... - I think all what html offers)

Needed also some days for me to catch that.
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/MinifigCustomsIn3d

Woody64

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2010 15:16 UTC]

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD

Previous Topic:Shop Name
Next Topic:When is mark-up paid?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.