Upload file issues

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 636012_deleted, Nov 21, 2015.

1. I'm new to shape ways and 3D printing, though I recently did print a project successfully out of bronze. I have changed the design slightly and am trying to get the new design printed.

When I upload the new design from the designer the old image appears. The designer sent me a zip file (which I can't see) and also a if file which I can see. When I upload the zip file it shows the first design in the "preview" area. I've asked the designer and he's double checked it's the newer image 2x and sent it again. what am I doing wrong?

Also, we made it just under 4'' so we could print it in brass but it doesn't show that's an option when uploading it (though that could be b/c it's uploading the old image with is slightly larger.

Thanks for your help.

Jack

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    What sizes does it display next to the model ? That should probably tell you if you uploaded the right one. I remember seeing recent complaints about the preview image shown in the "My models" overview not updating as a model is replaced, but the image shown immediately after uploading and the one on the model page itself should be current. Do you happen to know the file format inside the zip ?

3. I am not quite sure if I understand what you are asking.
    So the designer of your model sent you a .zip file which you "can't see". What does that mean? Can't you see the file in your file browser, or can't you look into the zip file? If so, why can't you look into it?

Then you're talking about "the designer double checked it's the newer image".
    Which "image" are you talking about? As you're looking to have the 3D object file printed in bronze, it cannot be a texture file (which would only work in colored sandstone); so what IS this image file?