Sound alerts on chat?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Drawn_Steel_Hero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. I don't know how customisable the chat window is, but I thought it could be very handy to include sound alerts for when users log in, and possible even when they post.

Obviously this wouldn't be so useful during live casts when the chat's particularly active. But the rest of the time there's often someone (probably including me :p) logged in with no-one else around, so naturally in these instances I tend to potter around the internet in other windows, and work on other programs. After a little while I'll check the chat window again only to find that's someone's been in there briefly, said 'hello', and then disappeared again when they haven't got an answer.

I know you receive a 'nudge' if someone types your current username, and that can be handy, but not many other people know about this, and so they turn up, see a couple of people logged in, but not get any response when they speak.

Andy

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    Yes, milord!

I've switched it on, let's see how it works for you.

If you're curious, here's an overview of all the bells and whistles that we could use (but that I've mostly disabled for now ;)

http://www.lightirc.com/faq.html

Cheers,

Bart