Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » It passed the test ! Can't wait for this batch to arrive :D
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
It passed the test ! Can't wait for this batch to arrive :D [message #1003] Sun, 24 August 2008 10:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar aws357  is currently offline aws357
Go to my shop
Very Happy It's been a long time I've been trying to squeeze this design down the intertube into Shapeways servers.

I've seen a lot of :
Quote:

We're sorry, but there was a problem with processing your model called 'Galatean dream': it didn't pass the checks that we run to make sure a model is printable.

And now... its printable Shocked

http://www.shapeways.com/model/3672/galatean_dream.html

Confused I thought I would never make it through the checking...

Very Happy To think the problem was 17 measly vertices that got "fused" when the STL remove double vertices...

I had read somewhere on the forum that this could create the non-manifold error.

I was puzzled because the original mesh had no non-manifold.

Here is what I did...

After exporting the STL, reopen it with Blender.

Go in "edit mode"

Make sure everything is deselected.

Go in the "Mesh Tools" tab, and set the parameter to the one in the picture (2).

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5695/senddb3.jpg

Then click on remove double (1).

When I searched for Non-Manifold, it found new ones that weren't in the original. In the hairs, unsurprisingly Razz (lots of intertwined meshes)

This should help you correct some "Non-Manifold" errors that are reported by Shapeways.

Hope it helps Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 24 August 2008 11:15 UTC]

Re: It passed the test ! Can't wait for this batch to arrive :D [message #1004 is a reply to message #1003 ] Sun, 24 August 2008 15:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dalhimar  is currently offline Dalhimar
Go to my shop
This bust(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bust True definition) looks great, how long did you spend on it, and whats the poly count?
Re: It passed the test ! Can't wait for this batch to arrive :D [message #1012 is a reply to message #1004 ] Mon, 25 August 2008 07:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar aws357  is currently offline aws357
Go to my shop
It makes 166412 polys

And its only a part of a much larger project I've been working on for a year now...

Initially I wanted to print the whole thing, but there is still many errors to correct. So, for now, I will be happy with a bust on my desk Very Happy (whatever the sense of bust people will use, it still will look good on my desk, if not mildly distracting...)

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2008 07:39 UTC]

Previous Topic:Part 3: Configurations & Modular Design
Next Topic:Second Life Character

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.