Miniature 1974 Bultaco Motorcycle

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 672239_deleted, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Hi Shapeways Community,

I am looking to commission a miniature 3D model of my dad's first motorcycle. The goal would be for him to have a miniature model of his first motorcycle, a 1974 Bultaco 250 cc Matador to keep on his desk. Assuming 3-4in in length.

My goal would be to have the file created and printed in time for Christmas, which I hope isn't too short notice!

Attached is a photo of the bike in question, and I would be happy to search out photos at different angles. I am still trying to confirm the original color, but would assume what's attached is correct.

Please send me a message if you're interested in helping with the project and let me know what you need in order to determine a quote.

Thank you,

JBD

Attached Files:

2. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
    The scale size You want canĀ“t be made of full colour material.

The "full coloured sandstone" has technical restrictions ( minimum wall thickness ):
    https://www.shapeways.com/materials/full-color-sandstone?li= nav
    There would be not enough details left if it would be designed 3D printable.
    ... except, You want a brick only...

The "colourless" material "frosted ultra detail" would be good for details.
    https://www.shapeways.com/materials/frosted-detail-plastic
    But You would have to paint the model after it was printed

Nice Bike... ;-)

3. Funny you should say- As my dad LOVES painting miniatures, this news might results in an even better Christmas gift! A sort of "Paint your Own Bultaco" kit lol

Assuming I do print in the "colorless" "frosted ultra detail", would you be able to suggest a good brand/type of paint?

Thank you for the advice :)

4. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
  5. Hello,

I will need more information to properly quote your project.

Please send it to jason@jcadusa.com or call me directly 1.888.202.2052.

Visit us: www.jcadusa.com - we specialize in 3D design for 3D printing & prototyping and then take our clients to mass production and mold making which we do as well.

Jason | CEO J - CAD Inc.

Attached Files: