Home »  » Bug Reporting » Right clicking on images
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Right clicking on images [message #991] Fri, 22 August 2008 20:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar Wildsketch  is currently offline Wildsketch
Go to all my models
Hi.

Could you make it so that when you get the full size image when you click on the thumbnail in a gallery you can easily right-click on that image to save it? Breaking this web convention and the workarounds I have to use to save the image otherwise is very annoying.
Re: Right clicking on images [message #998 is a reply to message #991 ] Sat, 23 August 2008 00:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WetMorgoth  is currently offline WetMorgoth
Go to all my models
If you are using firefox, you can override website functionality to do this. It is a javascript thing, so if you go to Tools -> Options -> Content and click on the Advanced button on Javascript, you will see a checkbox there for "Disable or replace context menus". Make sure that is unchecked and you'll be free of websites doing annoying things like that.
Re: Right clicking on images [message #1000 is a reply to message #998 ] Sat, 23 August 2008 00:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you. I did not realize I could do that. But really I only mentioned it in the forum because I thought it was the kind of web usability thing you would want to hear about during the period where you considered this website as a beta.

Edit:

No. That won't fix it. the box was already unchecked. Somehow the context menu doesn't recognize that I'm hovering over a picture when that little frame comes up.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 August 2008 00:11 UTC]

Re: Right clicking on images [message #1008 is a reply to message #1000 ] Sun, 24 August 2008 20:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi,

It works fine on my computer (Linux, Firefox 2).

What is your setup?

It is not a conscience decision by us to disable saving of the fullsize pictures.

Best regards,

Robert
Re: Right clicking on images [message #1009 is a reply to message #991 ] Mon, 25 August 2008 02:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dalhimar  is currently offline Dalhimar
Go to my shop
I am using Firefox 3, with almost all settings the same as the time of install and it works perfectly fine for me.
Vista ultimate, firefox 3.
Re: Right clicking on images [message #1032 is a reply to message #1009 ] Tue, 26 August 2008 03:45 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Hmm, I'm using XP pro, Firefox 2.0.0.3 I guess I need to update my browser.

Previous Topic:Potential for cutting
Next Topic:creator creations not in the browse

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.