Home » Community » Co-Creator Feedback » Co-creator production time countdown not in working days ?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Co-creator production time countdown not in working days ? [message #14658] Mon, 12 July 2010 11:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey guys,

Last Friday evening I got a co-creator order request. (my production time set to 3 days)
Today, Monday, there is zero days left on the countdown Embarassed

I assumed the production time also worked with the "working days" as the rest of the site. (When ordering it says : 13 working days (10+3))

Also, if someone orders in the evening or just before midnight, I kinda loose a production day..

For now I will increase the production time by two days, to account for the weekend and evenings.

But I would be great if "days" were the same for all systems Smile

Cheers,

Stijn

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2010 13:10 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Co-creator production time countdown not in working days ? [message #14661 is a reply to message #14658 ] Mon, 12 July 2010 13:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pp  is currently offline pp
Go to all my models
Hi Stijn,

I'll follow up on this.
For the reason you mentioned it is supposed to be working days.

Will come back to you on this

Peter Paul

Re: Co-creator production time countdown not in working days ? [message #14664 is a reply to message #14658 ] Mon, 12 July 2010 15:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I do know that production time isn't based on your day worry Virtox, it is based on time. So if you have it set to 3 days, and they order at 11:59. It wont drop down to 2days until 11:59 the next day. If I've seen correctly with my own orders.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Co-creator production time countdown not in working days ? [message #14671 is a reply to message #14664 ] Mon, 12 July 2010 18:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@Peter Paul : thanks.

@Cheery Mike:

Not entirely sure about that, the template was ordered Friday at 9pm (mytime) On Monday at 11am it said : 0 days left.
Which should not have been until 9pm then I guess.

Heheh, and this afternoon at 3pm I get an email I have 1 day left Wink

Anyhow, for the customers point of view I'm still ahead of schedule Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

worry Virtox (<- my wife thought it was very cute Wink)

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Co-creator production time countdown not in working days ? [message #14727 is a reply to message #14658 ] Wed, 14 July 2010 11:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pp  is currently offline pp
Go to all my models
OK I have double checked and currently it's as follows;

Days set by the designer/ you are 24 hours.

To support the clarity and consistency I have asked to adjust this to working days. Working days being Monday to Friday.

Such a change will take some time but at least you know what the current situation is and that we are working to change it.

Peter Paul

Previous Topic:Co-Creator update
Next Topic:Co-creator template off, still "personalized"

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.