Updates to CustomMaker

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by Andrewsimonthomas, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    We've been continuously working on improving the customMaker experience. Here are some of the highlights, thanks for bringing these up and please continue to make suggestions.

CustomMaker - Auto-rotate to customization region!
    When you enter text or upload an image, the shopper and Shop Owner viewer will now automatically rotate to show you in real time your customized text and/or image!

pasted image 0-2.png

'Customized by You' Label throughout Cart Flow
    It's now easier to identify which models on Shapeways you have personalized throughout the entire purchase flow (add to cart, edit cart, final checkout, order receipt page)! We've add a 'Customized By You' icon next to or underneath the product's name throughout the whole flow so our shoppers always know whether they added to cart or ordered a customized or non-customized model.

Edit Cart
    pasted image 0.png

Customize Moniker in Marketplace Live!
    Now all customizable products at Shapeways including CustomMaker enabled products, ShapeJS co-creators, and manual co-creators is live! To avoid cluttering the marketplace and to highlight customization, we have deprecated the beta flag as part of this change. (All other aspects of Beta Products will remain the same)

pasted image 0-6.png

Additional Improvements

Improved Stability--Improved sever stability and auto-scaling of external (AWS) servers to serve people anywhere in the world, anytime reliably

Preview Saved Settings (Shop Owners)--Shop Owners can always see saved settings previewed on model now

Crisper Viewer--Better render quality handling + a lovely grey background

Email Cleanup--Adjusted email co-creator flow to better work with easier CustomMaker process

Better Shopper Experience--Use special characters in your customized text? ( #$%^ ) Thanks to feedback from focus group shoppers, we now explicitly say why they are getting an error when putting in #Minnesota (People who live in Minnesota have major state loyalty!)

2. Lambdaf
    Lambdaf Member
    How about an autosize faeture ? If I put letters now they are so big I can't see even initials.

3. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    All excellent improvements!

I like the customize moniker but on my model images it seems to take up more space than in the images shown above. Can it be moved closer to the corner or something so it allows for maximum useful image space? Maybe just showing a smaller "C" symbol or having a vertical or downsized option? Having the thing go away during a mouse over? This is what I was doing before on my own to indicate personalization capability but I had more vertical room even when using a larger font. A small repositioning upwards of the moniker would help a lot.

personalize_me_examples.jpg

I could re-orient views in those cases where the moniker covers the model but since I'm using a lot of external renders for the primary WSF image and I would also need to re-orient those in the design software and reimport external renders at the very least. Not a small amount of work. Ugggh.

keychains_round_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    I noticed the moniker overlay seems to never change size at all even when the store images change size. So it's not scaling with image size variations caused by browser page size variations. The result is that the percentage of horizontal image width the moniker consumes looks to be anywhere between about 40% to 75%.

5. 666810_deleted
    666810_deleted Active Member
    Nice. Thanks!

6. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Works good here!

Nothing to complain , is looks like it will need to look!

Just tested now on my mobile phone , the preview is nice but need to be adjusted to the size of the mobile phone resolution. Now is big.

Other than that , it looks good on mobile now , with the rotation , only renders the final text.

Someone need to test on iPad , Android Tablets!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  7. Hi dudes,

So until custom maker tools roll out for Porcelain products for customers, can we makers use the custom tools on our porcelain products to engrave our logos or text on our products?