My ballpoint pen

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by rminkes, Jul 9, 2010.

1. rminkes
    rminkes Member
    A simple ballpoint pen :) designed around a standard ballpoint pen refill. It has arrived and, besides a few minor problems, it functions. To overcome the problems a few small adjustments have to be made to the design, hopefully this Monday. After that it will be on sale for around 15-20 dollars (not including the filling, which can be bought in most office supply stores, and the spring, which can be harvested from another pen). Please let me know what you think :) . More pen designs will be put online later this month.

The first two pictures are rendered, the last 3 are taken with a crappy camera :confused .
    pen02jpg.jpg

pen01jpg.jpg

pen05jpg.jpg

pen06jpg.jpg

pen07jpg.jpg

P.S. The specific types of spring and filling can be found on the product page (link).

2. artur83
    artur83 Member
    The green one looks delicious.
    and I love the little smiley face detail on the plunger, i often press it against my skin, at least with this it'll leave a smiley face :)

3. rawkstar320
    rawkstar320 Member
    thats awesome!

I tried to work on a pen based on a basic bic pen refill, never got a chance to test it though. And it doesnt look nearly this cool.

Good Job!

4. rminkes
    rminkes Member
    The update of the model will be posted later this week. I didn't have enough time on Monday :blush:. Thnx for the nice compliments :p

5. rminkes
    rminkes Member
    pen-update02.jpg
    in the redesign some of the isues of the first prototype were adressed (the hole for the filling was made bigger so it fits and some excess material was removed. also a extra bar was added for strength, and the pen as a whole is made a little bit thinner)

a picture of the filling will be made later and uploaded before the 29th of july. :blush:

it's ready to order now!. :)

link :p

link to highres render

6. chaitanyak
    chaitanyak Member
    looks so good!

7. rminkes
    rminkes Member
    the product page has been updated with a youtube video (link) of me inserting the filling and a picture of the filling (link).

also coming soon: version 2 (link)