Weave Five puzzle ring in raw brass by OSKAR & BRAM

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Oskar_van_Deventer, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Hi Twisty Puzzles fans,

Weave Five is an innovative five-band ring design by Bram Cohen. It has the special property that the five rings are linked in a loop, and that adjacent rings in the loop are non-adjacent in the ring.This make the puzzle quite interesting to solve. I have solved it several times now.

This version is one in interlocking raw brass, a new experimetal material by Shapeways. It is an excellent material that shines like gold. Unfortunately, it is not adviced to wear it, as it stains your fingers. But who wears puzzle rings anyway? The ring is printed in a scrambled state, ready to solve when you receive it. At this moment, Shapeways' trial with this material is still ongoing. So only the designer himself (me) can buy the model. So please contact me if you want to buy this ring from me at EUR 125. The model in my Shapeways Shop is selected "solid gold", as Shapeways does not allow me to select the correct material, which is raw brass.

Watch the YouTube video.
    See the puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.
    Read more at the Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum.
    Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
    Weave-Five-interlocking-metal-view-0.jpg
    Weave-Five-interlocking-metal-view-2.jpg
    Weave-Five-interlocking-metal-view-3.jpg
    Weave-Five-interlocking-metal-view-4.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. pendarestan
    pendarestan Well-Known Member
    Great work as usual!