Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Delivery time Full Color Sandstone and Sandstone
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Delivery time Full Color Sandstone and Sandstone [message #14565] Fri, 09 July 2010 09:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar jdl  is currently offline jdl
Go to all my models
We have temporarily changed our delivery time of Full Color Sandstone and Sandstone to 20 working days instead of 10. This allows us to keep sending out products that meet our quality standards.

We are encountering some technical issues with the infusing process which ensures your Sandstone products become less brittle. As soon if we are satisfied with the solution implemented, we will reduce the lead time again.

Thank you for your understanding.
Re: Delivery time Full Color Sandstone and Sandstone [message #14589 is a reply to message #14565 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 13:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar madox  is currently offline madox
Go to my shop
Was just about to order some full colour, can you provide some details on the technical difficulties?
Re: Delivery time Full Color Sandstone and Sandstone [message #14592 is a reply to message #14589 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I got this in the mail :

"After printing our Full Color Sandstone and sandstone models, the models will be infused with a XLA form which makes your model durable and keeps the colors vivid. After printing, but before infusing your models, they are very brittle. Hence they will be placed in a machine called the infuser. At the moment Shapeways is encountering some technical issues with the infuser machine. To be more specific, the infuser is leaving stains on your models. This means that the quality of the models is not as expected, and below our acceptable standards."

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Delivery time Full Color Sandstone and Sandstone [message #14594 is a reply to message #14565 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Hmmm I did notice discoloration on my one color print. Just took it as some layers were more saturated then others. I had picture, but the card with them got lost, and I gave to print to my aunt as a gift.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Delivery time Full Color Sandstone and Sandstone [message #15649 is a reply to message #14565 ] Thu, 05 August 2010 08:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jdl  is currently offline jdl
Go to all my models
We have changed the delivery time for Full Color Sandstone back to 10 working days

Previous Topic:Shapeways site update of July 29th
Next Topic:Shapeways site update of August 12th 2010

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.