Checkout Bug???

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 887909_deleted, Aug 26, 2015.

1. The error I'm seeing is because I'm running AdBlockPlus in my chrome web browser. Your checkout page is crashing because the extension isn't allowing certain ad scripts to load. Like many others, I absolutely hate ads. Both on the net and on the tube. So I block them as much as possible. Attached is a dump from my javascript console showing what got blocked and the errors it causes.

CheckOutScreen.png

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. Any acknowledgement from the devs would be nice, as this has been going on for at least a month, and gets really annoying when you're placing multiple orders and trying to bookmark them. Also, PayPal say's you'll be able to review your order before you pay, but hitting continue completes the order without allowing you to review it. Using the latest version of Firefox, with adblock installed.
    Capture.jpg

3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    This is a confirmed bug!
    We'll be fixing this as soon as possible.

Mitch

4. A simple work around might be to advise customers to disable AdBlock Plus when visiting the site. I believe that can be done without the customer having to restart their browser and loosing their current session info. Something for your testers to try.

In Chrome, Adblock Plus lets you disable it for a specific site. In Firefox you can disable it for a specific page. And yes changing it on the fly works.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  5. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    I don't know about you, but when a site asks me to disable AdBlock I leave immediately, no exceptions.

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    This didn't have to do anything with adblock :) the adblock only blocked a pixel tracking thing!

The bug however has been fixed!

7. LOL, you're right about disabling AdBlock. Definitely not one of my better suggestions. Good to hear the bug has been squashed. The solution must have revolved around some try/catch statements.

Overall a great site. Good work.