OBJ conversion Mess

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by shrap_x, Aug 21, 2015.

1. shrap_x
    shrap_x Active Member
    I am using Sculptris, Meshlab, and Sketchup. I am familiar with Sketchup, learning Sculptris, and know next to nothing about Meshlab.

I created a sculpt in Sculptris.
    I exported it as an OBJ then convert it to a format I can use in Sketchup (I believe through Meshlab, it's been several days).
    in Sketchup, the import crearted a tiny little object that matched my sculpt but was too small, so I had to re-scale it.
    I then had to go and fill in all the surfaces because the texture of the mesh didn't import (I believe due to the scale)

I am trying to do the reverse as well, so I can clean up my sculpt.

The problem I am having, is I cannot seem to lock a scale in. I don't seem to have any scaling tools in Sculptris,
    I also do not want to re-draw the silly surface everytime I import into Sketchup since there are so many triangles.

How can I convert my files and keep my scale, so that everything will transfer properly?
    Also, how do I lock in an Axis in Sculptris?
    I am a novice, so keep that in mind.

*as a side, Sculptris made this dumb little funnel in the index knuckle that I CANNOT get rid of in Sculptris. I was able to remove it in Sketchup.

Attached Files:

• hand.png

hand.png

File size:
      442.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  2. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
  3. shrap_x
    shrap_x Active Member
    Sketucation requires a membership fee, does it not?
    Monthly or subscription fees are not an option at this time.

I'd still like to understand why the files did what they did and how to avoid it or fix it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  4. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member